Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Criticizing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by zRegular, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Sorry for my ranting, but does anyone else feel this way?

I'm 18, moved away to college (on my dime, whether you believe it or not, my parents give me NO money), have my own place, and live to be what I consider a healthy life.

I smoke once a day usually (2 bowls or so), sometimes twice a day.

Everyone knows I smoke and all they ever have to say is "you're gonna ruin your life". I come from a family/friend line of some potheads, where weed is accepted, but only used by some people.

I'm just sick of people saying I'm this terrible person or that I'm gonna fail. I'm not gonna fail in the first place, let alone because of weed. Weed does numerous good things in my life. And my life does not revolve around it.

It'll be melaughing when I'm a computer engineer in 4 years and still smokin' my buds :)

Anyone else have this?

2. Its tough.
    Only thing left to do really is prove them wrong.

AND GET A JOB HIPPIE

/jk :p

3. Yeah, I do somethings. Then I respond, "You know you and your husband are gonna get piss drunk one night, and he's gonna beat you senseless."

Weed doesn't make you beat people, kill people with your cars, nor does it make you stupid.

4. That's what I'll just have to do.

I busted my ass saving tons of money before college so I don't have to work for this year. But I might get a job to be smart, we'll see.

5. THANK YOU. Seriously, not to be super cocky but I'm a computer genius. We all have a thing and fixing computers and other shit is mine. I hate the stereotypes. I have a girlfriend, I have friends, in college, independent, successful. Just because I'm a nerdy stoner doesn't mean I'm this skinny nerd whose life revolves around weed and video games.

6. Well, while we are inside heating up our pizza roles, and playing Halo 2, others will be out, getting liver poisoning, killing someone with their car/ignorance, and/or beating their spouse.

Who goes to jail? We do. Why? Because we smoke the devils weed.

7. Haters gonna gate, lovers gonna love.

First off keep your cool, you overexaggerate and you come of looking like a punk.
    I would not insult alcohol, it's too easy man.

What i usually do is say "Okay, If you think I'm going to ruin my life just let me, but chances are it's not going to impact my life at all."

Then Just walk away man.

8. where are you thinking of going to college?

9. Fuck yeah, be another stoner success story... graduate and get a well paying career and look at all those people and say, "Fuck you, I made it, look at me light up this fatty right now." *takes 2 drags in the same breath then raises middle finger, turns around and walks away. Spotlight fades.*

Edit: That's just me being silly. Ignore it. Ha.

10. Why is it to the point where everyone knows you smoke? The only people who will know I smoke/witness me smoke are either people who don't mind or people who smoke themselves. Why do people feel it's their duty to tell you you're failing? You must be doing something wrong if you are putting yourself through college, saved enough money up to not work the first year, yet people say you're a failure. OP you're either lying or leaving out facts. If neither is the case then fuck whoever is saying that because you got your shit damn straight for an 18 year old.

11. Haters will hate; your life will speak for itself.

12. #12 MisterNatural, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2010
    Marijuana is evil. It will destroy your life eventually. It also kills brain cells and makes you sterile. I've been smoking for 30 years and so far my life has been good and nothing bad has happened, but any minute now, BAM! my whole world will go to shit and my life will be ruined, all because of marijuana.

13. lol..you're not out of the woods yet!

14. I think the reason for a lot of the hatred towards you is propaganda, a lot of people see weed in the same class of drugs as heroine, cocaine, etc. What they fail to realize is our opulence!

15. Haha, if what "they" say is true, it definately will happen one day.

16. If what "they" said was true then most people on this forum would be dead.

17. I hate people like this. I was raised insanely conservative and I used to believe that weed was the same as crack or meth. Even then, when the vote came up for medical marijuana, I voted it in.

People said "but people are just going to abuse that and get high,"and I said "so? How is that my business? It's their body. I'm only concerned that sick people have access to it."

I don't get how you can get in someone's face about "ruining their life," just because you wouldn't do it. Do they have kids they aren't taking care of? Are they a driving hazard? No? Then stfu!

18. Neither does alcohol. Nothing MAKES you beat someone, it's just a common excuse abusers use. I've actually heard of smokers who blame the weed for beating their wives, too. Or workaholics who blame stress.

Alcohol IS more dangerous for driving, and does hurt your body, unlike weed, but it doesn't result in beating your wife.

19. Your at college and all anyone tells you is that crap? You must not know many people at your college (from my experience theres alot of open minded people/stoners at college), and definately don't hang around the right kind of people...

20. I've never had anyone tell me that weed's gonna ruin my life, but if someone did I'd just laugh at them and tell them that' they're missin out.