Critical mass

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dsbigd99, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Growing some critical mass and am getting some bright yellowing in the center of the leaves. The edges aren't burnt and they look heathy otherwise . 2weeks old. The yellowing is heavy @the new growth particularly .Is this just a trait of the strain?

2. I did a quick internet search and didn't see anyone else mention their Critical Mass having that problem, usually if it's common there would be a few people asking so I assume it's not a feature of the strain, though I must note I'm not familiar with it personally.
    Is it constant or when the lights come on? If it's when the lights first come on, it may be new growth that hasn't /greened/ from light making chlorophyll in it, I've noticed that on a few of my plants and it corrects itself when the lights are on. If it's constant it could be a sulfur deficiency. The only things I saw that causes yellow upper leaves were sulfur and iron, though iron starts from the outside and works in. From what I read a sulfur deficiency will also slow the leafs outward growth while the veins still grow making the leaves long and skinny. They may become brittle and the stems on which the leaf grows may stretch, without actually growing any larger (if that makes sense). The recommended solution is either a chemical fertilizer at a very low dose, or a low dose of Epsom Salts. Just make sure whichever you choose you check that it's safe for vegetables or consumables. I made that mistake once and no amount of flushing could take the taste out /: Also, one page mentioned high heats may lock out sulfur, as well as a few other factors, like pH.
    Sorry for the wordy response, just wanted to make sure I covered as much as I could. If in doubt, read the plant further, they're very vocal about their problems.

3. [quote name='"MrMeow"']I did a quick internet search and didn't see anyone else mention their Critical Mass having that problem, usually if it's common there would be a few people asking so I assume it's not a feature of the strain, though I must note I'm not familiar with it personally.
    Is it constant or when the lights come on? If it's when the lights first come on, it may be new growth that hasn't /greened/ from light making chlorophyll in it, I've noticed that on a few of my plants and it corrects itself when the lights are on. If it's constant it could be a sulfur deficiency. The only things I saw that causes yellow upper leaves were sulfur and iron, though iron starts from the outside and works in. From what I read a sulfur deficiency will also slow the leafs outward growth while the veins still grow making the leaves long and skinny. They may become brittle and the stems on which the leaf grows may stretch, without actually growing any larger (if that makes sense). The recommended solution is either a chemical fertilizer at a very low dose, or a low dose of Epsom Salts. Just make sure whichever you choose you check that it's safe for vegetables or consumables. I made that mistake once and no amount of flushing could take the taste out /: Also, one page mentioned high heats may lock out sulfur, as well as a few other factors, like pH.
    Sorry for the wordy response, just wanted to make sure I covered as much as I could. If in doubt, read the plant further, they're very vocal about their problems.[/quote]

Thanx for being so thorough to answer my ? You may have hit on something my temps are high 78-82 I was hoping it would be ok till I could start pumping cooler air in. What I don't understand is I have a 175cfm inline fan pulling low 70deg air into a 30cf box with a 300 watt led and just can't get it to cool down

4. So I researched the temp possibility and see it's low temps that lock out the sulfur. Gonna keep a eye on it the only thing that's not right about the grow is the temp so I'm gonna work on that

5. ....what type of soil are you using, when was the last transplant?
    ...have you fertilized?....with what?

6. [quote name='"trichome fiend"']....what type of soil are you using, when was the last transplant?
    ...have you fertilized?....with what?[/quote]

Ok so I am using super soil roots 707 as the base soil they are 13 days old I transplanted at day 10 becouse they are autos and I was told I should have started them in my finishing pots becouse of the short growth period and the shock would slow them down they have acted weard from the start the tips were burning just in the base soil and when I put them in the finish pots I added the super soil and rested the transplant on top of the super soil no roots were at the bottom yet. started them in solo cups. Would the stress from the transplant cous it? The yellowing has come on since the transplant I origanaly thought it may have been the super soil but they look completely healthy other than the yellowing. I did let the soil cook for about 50 days.

7. The part that made me think it was a strain trait was the fact that I have 3 critical & 1 de avalo auto and the de avalo is showing no yellowing and is healthy under the same conditions. I have the temp down to around 77 now.

8. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t8MeE8Ik4Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

9. I noticed yesterday that the edges of my leafs were curled up. I forgot what that means. (high heat rite)