Critical Kush DWC Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by allcrazy, Mar 11, 2014.

1. I'm starting this journal a little late since I just flipped the lights to 12/12 but I figured fuck it...I figured it's never too late to give or receive help and/or tips...

I'm growing 2 plants, both Critical Kush (feminized) from Barney's.
    I have them both in 5-gallon DWC setup with a 400w digital ballast (MH for veg, HPS for flowering) inside a 2.5'x2.5'x6' grow tent.

I use GH Flora series nutes & Liquid Koolbloom (for flowering) and Dyna-Grow Pro-Tek...
    I also add hydrogen peroxide to the water...I keep an 18-gallon Rubber-Maid bin filled with fresh tap water that I add the peroxide to...

I let the plants veg for about 5 weeks before I flipped the lights...below are a few pics...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

today is the 2nd day of flowering...I just added some Liquid Koolbloom to get these girls going...

I keep the PH at 5.8+/- and right now the PPM's are at 718 & 728...
    I'm wondering if the PPM's are a little bit low for flowering...
    According to the GH feeding chart the PPM's should be between 1000-1400 but that seems a little high to me...last grow (White Widow) I followed the feeding chart & got nutrient burn...luckily I saved the plants with help from people on this board :metal:

anyway...here's a few pics of the plants I just took today...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if anyone has any questions feel free to ask!
    Thanks... :ey:

2. P.S.;

just thought I'd throw this out there....
    make sure you have a good PH reader...I went absolutely fuckin' crazy :confused:  with them cheap yellow ones on Amazon & E-Bay...
    Hanna seems to make solid PH readers...I used the one in the pic for 2/3 of my last grow and this new grow without a single problem...all I do is calibrate it every week or so...well worth the $50!!
    [​IMG]

3. they look healthy, keep up the good work!

4. THANKS! :smoking:

5. quick question...............

my grow tent is 2.5'x2.5'x6.0' and the plants are kinda bushy....when the tent is closed some of the leaves get pushed up against the sides....does this stress the plant at all??
    I try to keep all the leaves as far away from the sides but the more they grow the harder it gets...

6. plants are drinking about 1 gallon of water a day now....I can also see the tiny white hairs starting to form...
    PH at 5.8+/- and PPM's at 755 & 768...
    I'll probably flush the buckets tomorrow & put fresh water & nutes...so far all is well :ey:

I wish I knew about leaving the light off for a day or two before switching to the HPS bulb...dammit.

here's some more flicks..................
    roots are almost filling the buckets completely...
    [​IMG]

they're still stretching too...every day they're taller...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

debating on lollipopping these plants....some say don't do it while flowering & others say do it up to 2 weeks into flowering...anyone do it while flowering & have bad results?

7. Looks great man. Don't really have any advice at all. Just wanted to say good job.

8. Do you calibrate your TDS meter

9. no I don't...my tap water is 100ppm so I just went by that...

10. Ok I have the same one. Thanks. Grow looks great

11. Just received my critical seeds... When are u posting your new pics.. Excited to see your progress

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

12. #14 asceetix, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
    I would suppose the only thing bad about lollipopping at this stage is that some energy is wasted on healing rather than creating bud. However, the benefits of the lollipopping might be greater than what you lose in healing of the plant. Though Ive also read that trimming the plant when flowering is kinda bad because it might promote mold and shit like that.

Id say go for it though. Nothing like alil gamble right? Just make sure your humidity is way high perhaps.

Dont quote me on any on this, im just a stoned rambling newbie :)

13. hey allcrazy,  lollipopping them wont hurt them/ your plants look great keep up the good work

14. these plants are flowering alot now...that Liquid Koolbloom works great....
    day 21 of flower & they're popping like crazy.....there's gonna be some big-ass colas for sure..............
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]