critical jack - 400w scrog soil techna cab

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by alamn, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Thanks!
    really? Schwaggy stuff in the bahamas?? That sort of surprises me but I guess the island/isolation factor may make it tough to get... Look into ordering seeds from The Attitude or similar vendor? I would think the climate there might be good for a sativa?

2. Been very busy making the most of my plant....making sure nothing goes to waste.
    All stems tossed out.
    Trim and leaves I put through my hash making process:

I use a mason jar, fill it with trim and leaves. I also add a few coins or balls of tin foil to agitate the herb and help release trichome heads. Take the middle cap piece out. Using a silk screen, or old scarf in this case, stretch it over the mouth of the jar. Put the cap ring on over it. Turn it upside down and shake it for a few minutes over the dull side of aluminum foil or into a tin. Avoid plastic containers for this because it holds a static charge and makes harvesting tough. But if you scrape it up with a credit card or such, you can sometimes make the static work for you. Anyway, the mesh count I used is around 70-80....to check just count to number of squares/holes in one inch of the material. After you collect it all, carefully form up a ball/pile/square of the kief on your foil. Fold into a square and then clamp it tight in a vice or put it under something heavy for a while. The squeeze actually makes the hash potent, breaking and refusing through friction generated heat. Take the foil square out of the clamp, put in a baggie and then submerge in ice water for 5-10 minutes. Remove and smoke or ration out as I have! I get about 5 hits from each little slab i made, its a fast racy up high. I made about 2 grams all together. Pics:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Smaller buds are now drying on plates in a warmish room. I flip them over every hour or two for even drying. They are mostly dry enough to smoke. Even though the bud isn't at its full potency yet, its still quite a high...a nice mix of head and body. About 1 OZ of the small 'popcorn' now that its mostly dried.

Top buds are still hanging and probably will be for another week or so. I do the stem test to check if they are ready to go in mason jars for curing. If the stem bends, its not ready...if it breaks, jar it up!

Also heres a few pics from harvest time. The plant is removed from the screen, this is after the top buds have been taken off!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks for looking! Next and possibly last post will have total dry weights and wrap up pics!
    Next new strain grow journal will be CH9 Power Plant and Kannabia La Blanca!

3. those are some beautiful nugs. Can't wait to find out what the weight came in at.

4. TY...I cant wait to see either...my original guess of 7.5 is prolly way too high....because I was way too high when I made the guess lol....Realistically looks more like 4-5 OZ, will post up in a few more days.....a bunch still drying.

5. Soooo my 9 ounces was a lil off i guess..

6. Ok let me know when and where you start / put the next GJ...

I have La Blanca and PPP seeds

7. Ended up with between 4.8 and 4.9 OZ....not bad for one plant.[​IMG]

8. #48 clos3tgrow3r, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
    +rep agin most ppl don't do nearly that well they're first scrog ;), you should be proud :hello:

I had 5 plants under 400 and I got 5 oz my first go, props on hitting that with one!

9. Very nice pull!! looking forward to the next journal

10. Hey fellow Mainer. :)

How does squeezing the hash make it more potent?

jerry.

Nice looking nuggets btw.

11. Hey thanks alot....this wasn't my first grow but it was my first scrog and first time getting real genetics from a vendor! Very exciting and growingly addictive.... no pun meant there hah.

TYTY, I read in Ed Rosenthal's book that pressing the kief into hash crushes all the trichome heads and releases chemical, the heat generated by the friction of the press then fuses it all as it is crushed. I dont have the book in front of me at the moment so just run with that info for now. I will check it in a few...

12. TY again! I will be sure to let ya know when next GJ is up.

13. What i should have said is that it is believed by 'hashish affeciantos' that pressed hash to give a more 'complex' high than kief alone.

14. I may try your fabric method. I looked for raw metal screen material but it seems hard to find retail in reasonable quantities.

Have you tried different materials? Im thinking manmade stuff probably is more desirable than the natural fibers. Amongst nylon rayon or polyester one probably performs best... no idea which lol.

15. Had to sneak these last 2 shots in for the wrap-up. Peace!

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. They look very nice - very dank!

Thanks for sharing, and good luck on your next!

and your next...

and your next...
    and your next...*lol*

jerry.

17. you're almost always going to get more yield off of one plant than multiple plants.. assuming same veg time.

With multiple plants, that light energy is being converted to multiple root systems.. branches.. etc.. with 1 plant a lot more light energy is able to get converted to bud development since you only have 1 root system..

unless you're growing multiple strains, or have lighting that can cover a larger area than 1 plant can fill up, you're going to be better off flowering 1 plant vs 2+ plants.