critical jack - 400w scrog soil techna cab

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by alamn, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Ok so this journal started out in hydroponics section....things changed so i have moved over here. In the hydro section, the thread is just 'critical jack'. Clones failed and i was having issues with my dwc setup so i said screw it im just gonna scrog this mother and any undergrowth i cut will be made into new clones....in soil with some azomite this time. Feeding them every couple days with some 1/3 nute potion.

from the beginning, its day 40.

Things are going great with the plant, adapting to the screen well...its been screened for about a week now. I trim some branches and leaves underneath and a few leaves on top, but not alot at once, as not to shock the plant. I dont like removing fan leaves unless they are dead or dying but there were a few on the top that had to go so the future bud sites can get better light. Have been using a light foliar feed in addition to the regular technaflora program. I have 4 clones in soil chilling out in the cab too. They will be removed soon cause im starting 12/12 tonight i think. Im sure there will be a few weeks of stretch still and i dont want the screen too crowded so i think its time...Will continue veg nutes and MH lamp for a week or two depending on how fast she gets sexy.

Here are some pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thats it for now...will update in a few days!

2. Nice scrog, I've just grminated 3 critical jacks and am planning a scrog so I'm interested in seeing how you get on with this... Good luck!

3. Day 8 Flower. Day 48 overall

Doin well, no issues so far. Been in 12/12 for 8 days, just switched to HPS and bloom nutes. The stretch has slowed considerably so Im hoping the rest of the training will be minor. Screen is filling in well but of course this is my first scrog so im still getting use to it. Anyway there are some nice white pistils plumping up and most of my growth thru the screen seems to be stalling around 4 inches...by the end im hoping to see about 8-9 inches thru the screen maximum.

Heres some pics...nexttime i post im hoping there will be some more visible flower production going on..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the clones i cut from some undergrowth..well they are doing great...got fuzzy roots and all after about 10 days

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment/question/correct my grow!

4. hey thanks man...they are a fast grower thats for sure. Will do my best to keep it updated.

5. Day 12 flower, day 52 overall.

Screen could be a bit fuller, but the stretch is has slowed considerably and I believe most all the training is over. There may be a shoot or two that need to be moved but mostly done. This is the first scrog i have ever tried, made the screen myself. I think I did okay, next time i wont be cutting bottom branches for clones, so maybe ill fill it up a little better.

A quick day 12 flower pic...

[​IMG]

Slipped a healthy clone in there on the left...might as well get a bit more use out of the screen. Its lower leaves are a bit damaged, but the new growth is fine.

More pics soon as the budding gets thicker...most all tops now have hairs. Internode growth has become shorter between in the last couple days as the stretch slowed.

ok im gonna go back to my bowl now lol ...rambling...

6. Day 14 Flower

So far so good. I noticed some yellow tips on the new growth, so i raised the light up about 4 inches. Other than that things are going fine...some stretchy shoots but oh well, i have been trimming leaves and leaf tips here and there so slightly lower growth can get light too. Heres a few pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cant wait to taste this stuff!:D

7. Day 17 Flower, 57 overall

Coming along well! The stretch as practically stopped. Alot more hairs, buds getting taller and presence of trichomes...all good things! Still doing some leaf trimming here and there so some of the lower buds can get more light. Added in 2 CFLs i had laying around. They are dual spectrum flower bulbs, 65 watts, 3400 lumens per bulb. Noting too special but i figured why not add some cheap extra light...even if it has some red and blue spectrum in each bulb. Heres a bunch of new pics!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    woooo hooooo!

8. Day 18 Flower

Some pics! That is all.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

More soon, thanks for looking!

9. Nice looking. Subbed!

10. Day 23

So far , so good. Plant is healthy and big. Some stretch occurred but i tamed them to a 70 degree angle using plastic zip ties. Buds are getting a little taller and frosty. Since i started using molassas i have noticed a funky odor I can only describe as 'cat/animal shit/rotten'. Oddly i only smell it during the dark phase. I dont see anything out of the ordinary tho. Maybe its the soil... The leaves and such still smell skunk/mint/fruit when i get in close/rub. When I flush the last few days Im guessing the funk will go away.

Heres some pics...still not into the fattening stage so much i guess. Sexy all the same!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And a couple with the flash turned on...the trichs really pop out.

[​IMG][​IMG]

peace.

11. Looking good man.....the smell may come from using the molassas. Been there, done that... I was told the plants will use the simplest form of sugars first (the molassas), and not use any of the nutes while there is molassas present, so not to mix molassas and nutes together or give molassas during the final two weeks or during flush. By the time the smell comes, ph problems and yellow leaves may be on the way. Check the ph of the water runover and adjust if necessary before things do get yellow..gl

12. Ah ha OK...i have been reading more about that today. I tilled the first couple inches of soil around. Gonna cut back on the molasses for a bit. Smelled like that for about 48 hours or so...hope i can get it to go away.Thanks for the info!

13. Been away for a while - they're looking tasty alamn.... mine are coming along slowly but nicely. How much molasses per gallon/litre is the recommended amount?

Good grow report - keep it going!!

14. I was doing 1 teaspoon per gallon....unsulfered "Grandmas" Molasses. It doesn't say black strap but its the right one. Some ppl use 2 tsp per gallon. Use caution with hydro, molasses can cause complications i guess.

15. Day 27

Lookin good. I have cut back on the molasses feeding for now. I will toss it a lil from time to time. The foul smell is almost completely gone thankfully. More and more crystals comin out, buds are starting to fill out and fatten. No yellow leaves or PH issues noted as of now. Not a single pistil has changed color yet, which is just fine. Tasty new pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a couple with the flash on...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Day 31

Starting to fatten up. The molasses breakdown smell is totally gone. Brought the clones into the cab. Hoping to harvest main plant in 3-4 weeks. Trichomes have been looking about 30-40% cloudy, all the rest clear. Here are a few pics...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

17. Those look rock solid. I have to get a camera with a good flash. They don't look their best flooded in hps yellow.

18. TY! I found that if u block some of the HID light with your hand or a piece of cardboard while u take pictures with the flash on, they come out more defined.

19. Phew! Those are looking nice - they'll be really nice by harvest time. Can I ask what your feeding them? and how often....
    I'm into about day 18 of veg - coming on well.... I hope to learn from your experiences... Great work so far..

20. heh TY, I feed them once daily , water 1-2 times daily. For feeding I use the Technaflora "Recipe for Success", very easy to use. PH balance the feed and water both around 6.0