CrazyPineApples Crowded Contraption

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by CrazyPineApple, Sep 13, 2015.

1. #1 CrazyPineApple, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    Welcome All to the second volume of the crowded closet! [​IMG] After a few years living at work and out of my truck, I purchased a house a few months ago. First thing on the to-do list, set up a growroom! [​IMG] [​IMG] I framed in a 5'x8'x7' room in my basement. Insulated the whole thing, hung drywall, sealed all the cracks with caulking, and painted everything flat white. I have a dedicated 40 amp 240 volt circuit running to the grow room's own breaker panel, where it is broken down to 4 15 amp breakers for 8 120v outlets and a two pole 15 amp breaker for a single 240v outlet.

I still need to round up some more equipment, but for now I'm using a 400w Apollo digital ballast with a cool tube. Eventually I'll be running 2 1k lights in there. I have a modified carped blower fan pulling about 800 cfm of exhaust, and a passive air intake that pulls in 70* air all year round. I'll be using my own blend of peat based soil, composed of sphagnum peat moss, pearlite, earthworm castings, kelp meal, bone meal, compost and a little bit of really fine sand. I haven't decided what nutrients I'm going to use yet, I thing I'll do this first round with Age Old Organics full line. As soon as I get the grow room finished, I have a little 2'x4'x5' tent that is the nursery for clones and seedlings, I'll be sprouting some White Widow, some Aurora Indica, and some mystery freebies courtesy of Nirvana. [​IMG]

Edit- I'll try to keep this up to date here in the first post :smoke:

As of March 26, 2016:

Flower Room-
    -5' wide x 8' long x 7' tall
    -1000w HPS with magnetic ballast
    -Raptor hood
    -800 cfm exhaust
    -Passive intake
    -Organic Soil
    -Fox farm Nutes
    -Thermostatically controlled temperature

Veg Room-
    -2' deep x 4' tall x 4' wide tent
    -shared 800 cfm exhaust with flower room
    -passive intake
    -400w MH with digital ballast
    -Cool tube hood
    -Organic soil
    -Age Old Organics and Fox Farm nutes
    -Thermostatically controlled temperature, separate from flower room via a remote 300 cfm fan

Clone/ Seedling area-
    -2' tall x 2' deep x 4' wide
    -40w 6500k cfl
    -12 site DIY Bubble cloner

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wow, looking primed for success! Congrats and good luck. I'll be hanging around checkin out the updates.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Subbed, looks great man!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Waitin on paint to dry... [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hello All! :smoke:
    Sorry it's been so long since an up date. I've been really busy with work and the upkeep of a newly purchased 1930's home in the Colorado Winter time.
    A lot has been going on in Pineapple's grow room. I've upgraded a few things, updated a few things, done some renovations, more upgrades on the way....:smoke: Almost ready to set up a perpetual grow, got the flower room dialed in ok for now. Still getting a little cold in there, but with a 1kw light, and a digital temp controller on the way should be good to go. Building a veg room right now, routing electrical and ventilation , all that good stuff. I have 6 White Widow cuttings in the bubble cloner, and a few mystery bag seed females just started flowering. I'll get some new pictures posted up and a better update to what is going on in the morning. :smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. #7 CrazyPineApple, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
    Im working on typing up a full update, been getting really tough to get time at the computer lately. I picked up a couple a these cool little doc-dads. Temperature controllers. They will control both a heating and cooling device at the same time. Im wiring up a couple of them right now to see what they do. Full update on the plants coming soon, I promise. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. #8 CrazyPineApple, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
    Ok, Got quite few new goodies to share. [​IMG] I upgraded my 400w light to a 1000w, Built a veg room where I'll use the 400w, took some cuttings of the White Widow, and installed a couple of temp controllers. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Heres a few better shots of this mystery girl. She was found as a seed in a bag of good weed. Only been flowering about 20 days. Turning a nice purple. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hello 2016! :smoke:

I'm really liking these temp controllers. I've been able to keep both the veg and flower rooms within a few degrees of 70 ever since I hooked them up. One of the coolest little gadgets I've ever found. :smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  10. So how does that work, you hook up your fan controller to the temp control, pick attempt. And it controls the fan to reach it?

• Like Like x 1
  11. For the most part, ya. Ive got the cool side of the temp controller running to my fan speed control, from the speed control to the fan. Then the heat side of the controller to a small space heater. There is a probe coming out of the controller into the room that tells the controller what the temp is. Program the controller with what you want, and it does it. Ive got min set at 70 with a difference of 2, so when the temp hits 72 the exhaust fan turns on to bring it back down to 70. If it hits 68 the heater turns on to bring it back to 70. :smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  12. That's tight man.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks [​IMG] So far these things are working great. I wan to see what they do in the summer. Can get really hot in there.

My White Widow clones are doing good. Got a root on one after only 6 days! :smoke:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thought I'd snap a few photos just before lights on, 4 are mystery bagseed, and the one in the back right corner is a Nirvana White Widow. I started of sprouting 8 seeds, 4 White Widow and 4 Aurora Indica. 7 of the 8 were male. What kinda luck is that? I'll be sprouting some more Aurora Indica here soon. Hopefully I can get a nice girl to turn in to a mom. One of the Widow clones in the cloner is going to be a mom as well I'm thinking.

The purple mystery plant in the front left is looking really good, and smelling really earthy. The White widow back in the opposite corner is starting to smell really fruity and getting frosty already. :smoke:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. how stinky is a white widow? I mean imma.put one in my bedroom inside of a big closet etc... I kinda have a big house does the smell be all over the other divisions with one plant?

• Like Like x 1
  16. This is the first run of Widow Ive ever done, but if she just keeps getting stinkier she will be out of control. Im at 3 weeks flowering and she already stinks up the whole room. :smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Things are starting to look really good around here! [​IMG] The flowering ladies are starting to pack on some weight and getting frosty. My White Widow is going crazy, Twice as frosty as everything else! I got one WW clone rooted and in the soil. A few more days for the other 5 WW clones to pop roots and get put in the dirt. I also started 3 Aurora Indica seeds. Hopefully this time I'll get a nice female out of this batch that I can turn into a mom. I really want to see what this strain can do... [​IMG]

Here's the Flowering girls

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. #19 CrazyPineApple, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
    Got The Veg Tent All set up as well. Here's the clones and veg tent. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Looking good!

• Like Like x 1