Crawlspace Grow(400w HPS, cfls, uvb)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by The Great Decay, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Figured i'd post up a few shots of my grow room, a

2. I'll bust your thread cherry. Welcome to the grow journals! Glade you took my suggestion.

Just remeber we are all watching, don't fuck it up or you'll dissapoint us! JK

-Dave

Good luck:)

3. Leafs are drooping...Overwatering is likely (i think, i haven't been on the grow forum for a while) and my brain isn't working tonight sorry...

-Dave

oh and other than that everything looks good

4. The AKs leaves are actually fine in person, no droop, and the avalon just got transplanted so it's in shock now i'm sure, And i've plucked most of the ones on the ones in flower, so i'm
    sure that shocked the plant a good bit, but oh well it lets soo much more light on the buds. Also, back when it was still hot here, it got to be about 90 something to days in a row(for about 1 hour each day), and it started drooping a bit then, and since then the leaves have never flattened out much, i've experimented with watering it more/less too, but i can't fix it. It doesn't really concern me since they're getting chopped in a couple weeks anyways

5. Oh i see.. Well overall im digin this setup, just the space it is in is so unique i love it

-Dave

6. thanks man, i'm pretty proud of it.
    this is actually my first grow, or at least first plants to flower..
    I did a good bit of research, and red, and red, and read before
    i started though.

7. That's good, reading really helps.. Research and preperation are key to a succesful crop!

Btw why are you still up? just curious, i mean its 4:00 am here, and i work 3rd shift so its the nrom for me.. but what about you ? :p:D

8. what soil/nutes are you using? Some of them look v. overfed (claw leaves) and overwatered (leaves curling/drooping).. are you letting the soil dry enough between watering?
    The 3rd pic shows claw leaves, could be that you have overfed and need to flush with water.

9. Just not tired yet ha,
    no job right now, so i'm just
    chilling at home for like two more
    weeks, until i gotta get a job.
    And ive always stayed up at night(last job got up at 2:30am, went to sleep around 7to9pm.)

I'm not using any nutes, and i use fox farms ocean forest soil. I might
    not be letting the soil dry enough between waterings though, but i already explained in a post before why i think they're like that..

10. Yea that's how i was for a bit, thats how i started this staying up all night shit, i was unemployed.. now i work 3rd shift so it works out good.

And yea stop watering them.. let them dry out a little, it's better to underwater than to overwater.. to a degree

Just dont water them for a little longer, maybe a day longer than norm. and you should see an improvment.. dont quote me though im no expert.. yet :D i just need to start gettin into growing again

-Dave

11. Where do you work at? and yeah i'll definitely let them dry out a bit more

12. I work overnight maintenace for a restaruant
    its pretty tight, i smoke in da freezer, im all alone, and yea idk i like it

13. haha right on man

14. so many views, so little posts :confused:

15. They may be slightly overwatered, but overally pretty healthy. Why did you flower so early? You could have let them veg another few weeks and you would have yielded more.

What strain you got there?

16. because this was my first grow, and i just wanted to complete it asap, just to get the hang of it for the next grow, which i plan to have 10-15plants going, at least a 2 month vegging
    and the first post says what they are

17. A few thoughts GD,
    A min/max thermometer/humidity meter would be useful, so you can monitor day/night. If you're not using extraction fan it could be that humidity is low, and you'll probably have ventilation issues when your cupboard is filled with plants. Also humidity can rise sharply, temps fall at night, so you could have budrot from that, even if conditions are good with the light on.
    What size light is that hps? It looks a bit close to the plants, deffo if it is 400w - have you tested with your hand under the light?
    Looking at the reflector, if you can move the lampholder higher in the reflector, you would get more light on the plants - you can see that light is shining above the reflector.
    For your next grow, I would cut the veg time and/or the number of plants - with 2 months veg you'll never fit 15 in there! Depending on the strain, 4 plants or less will fill the cupboard, 15 would be more of a sog style grow, with minimum veg time.
    I love those cupboards though, ideal.

18. Dude!
    It takes forever to load this page ----> so post thumbnails!!!!

One reason so few people reply to your thread is that they get sick of waiting for the page to load and hit back on their browser.
    I hit reply on this thread long before the page was loaded......:eek: