Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cranberry Pills (extract) for drug test?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheCruz831, Nov 15, 2012.

1. I've heard that cranberry extract works well, but since cranberry works as a diuretic I don't see how this would work. I've heard from a few people that it worked for them, but I just wanted to ask you guys if it really works, and if so how? Thanks

2. Don't use them, one of my friends has a sister and her boyfriend got tested, long story short her mom gave him a cranberry pill and he tested positive for cocaine. Now he's in jail because of it. <<<-----This may not be legit, but I highly doubt she would lie to me about something like that.

3. Cranberry pills aren't going to help you get THC (and it's metabolites) out of your system. Like you said, cranberry pills work as a diuretic, meaning they cause frequent urination.

However, THC and it's metabolites are non-polar, lypophillic, hydrophobic compounds. Essentially, as a result of being non-polar, they love binding to lipids and hate water.

Cranberry pills aren't used to attempt to rid your body of these metabolites; it's used as a last minute dilution agent. If confronted with a surprise drug test, many people will take to drinking large amounts of water and taking cranberry pills. The only use in this is if you have a drug test coming up very soon and (for whatever reason) the test doesn't test for dilution by looking at things like pH, specific gravity, or creatinine levels of the sample, it may cause a false negative in the test, leading to a pass.

Considering almost all tests have these checks now, dilution as a method of fooling a drug test is pretty useless.

This paper, published by the UNC School of Government, is easy to read and it will give you a background on most of the methods used to fool a drug test and why they don't work.

4. cranberries are basically crack yo

5. What about gelatin? I heard it coats your stomach so the fat cells that contain the metabolites produced when you ingest THC don't get absorbed into your urine. Is this true? Does it work? Thanks

6. Exercise, sweat ,add fiber to diet and most importantly...............STOP SMOKING!!!! LOL