Craigs list Vs. Kijiji

Discussion in 'General' started by Thomas29, Dec 7, 2010.

1. I need to know which one everyone thinks is better because I am trying to sell some old videos games for some money.

2. I have only used the former, but here's a piece of advice:

Meet in a neutral, well occupied place so you won't get robbed.

I have to admit I have not followed that myself, having gone to a few houses to pick stuff up or having someone come by my house to pick the item up. One time I had the other person request we meet at the mall food court for a camera I was buying, and it was a good experience.

3. Okay thank you for the advice.

4. Never heard of kijiji

Craigslist unless it's a big, heavy object, meet in a public place indoors. If the person seems too sketchy (Like trying to meet somewhere secluded or changing the place randomly at the last minute) just leave.

5. depends on the area you live in and whatever one is more popular. but for the most part, craigslist is better. just never go into people's homes even if they let you in, and also never let them in your house. meet them on corners of roads during the day, or public places like gas stations etc.

6. I am trying to use Craigs List but I do not know how to use it exactly. Like after I post up my ad I can't seem to find it on the search engine anywhere? Kijiji seems to be a lot easier to use IMO.

7. Is kijiji the same as ebay classifieds?

If so, I nearly got scammed on craigslist. So naive.

and my boyfriend said he found my christmas present on Kijiji, and it's legit.

So whatever kijiji is already wins.

8. kijiji is a candian thing our kijiji in the usa is ebay classifieds and craigslist.

9. Yeah kijiji is owned by the same people who own ebay.

10. Well craigslist fucked me over. We were looking for apartments at the beginning of the semester and they tried to get me to send them my credit score, AND my social. They tried to steal our identities.

My roommate actually did it.

fuck craigslist.

11. craigslist did nothing to you,

you got scammed lol.

its obvious when people are trying to scam you on craigslist.

but i shop on craigslist every day and find some ridiculous deals

12. Not sure how that is Craigslist's fault? I'm not sure why you would ever ever ever send personal information over email responding to a listing you have no clue who made it... Take that as a lesson learned and be more careful who you send your info to... I know you didn't send your info but your roommate did.

13. #13 Ruca44, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010

I guess if you knew all the logistics of the situation you would understand. The person had a website, an application for the "apartment", made her send her information to a b-s credit score website and that would in-turn send the information to the person who would approve us for the apartment. We found out that the scammer made both websites, and seemed legitimate.

Of course I wouldn't like craigslist after (almost) getting scammed so elaborately.

They got busted though.

I bet the people who got murdered from Craigslist would hate it too, provided that they were alive. but you're right, it wasn't craigslist's fault haha

14. I've never used craiglist but I've sold some stuff off kijiji before and its pretty simple to use - if your ad doesnt show up right away, give it about 12-24 hours before worrying

ps, noticed your in ontario, what games you sellin? >: )

15. I think craigs list is pretty sketchy IMO. I really like Kijiji easy to use and I already sold my stuff. I just sold some old Nintendo 64 games and I am now selling some PC Games, Super Nintendo w/games/accessories including GameBoy Advance w/games/accessories.