Craig X Rubin for mayor of California?!

Discussion in 'General' started by Justen, Feb 8, 2009.

1. I had not heard about this until earlier today, however Craig X Rubin is running for mayor of California. He's a huge marijuana advocate, I can't believe more people haven't been talking about this here on the city (or am I just too stoned to find the thread hah!)

check out his website, http://www.craigx4mayor.org/

What do you guys think about this? I just posted another thread where the government is being more open about legalizing or changing current laws on MMJ, do you guys think that with all of the public attention and people speaking out about MJ alone, that we are going to see some big changes? Do you think Craig X Rubin could make a big change for California in possibly leading the state in starting a billion dollar industry? He is a huge supporter of legalization and taxation, he even says it will bring us out of the current economic crisis!

2. dude he's running for mayor of LOS ANGELES. the governor is the head of the CA government (exec. branch)

3. Ah right on. Well still, it's pretty awesome if you ask me. I still think someone like him would make quite a huge difference, especially in a city like LA.

4. It's great that he's an advocate, but he's not going to be able to pass whatever laws he wants. Thankfully that isn't how mayor's work(At least in my area.)

He has a say at legislative meetings, but other then that they can tell him to fuck off.

5. if he's running solely based on the platform of legalization, his chances of winning are slim to none. kind of like third party candidates in presidential elections.

6. lmaoooo mayor of cali????

this is why people call stoners stupid

7. LOL! @ mayor of california

and fuck if i care if he wins in LA

city's a shit hole as far as i am concerned