Cracked stem, Bugs inside, Desperate for help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Defjet, Aug 19, 2013.

1. I am in desperate need of help, I've searched and searched but haven't foudn anything like this, awhile back my plant cracked in the stem, this plant is outside and that's why it cracked, we had a bad storm one night and that's all it took, but anyway. Afterwards we duct taped it all back together best we could and it seemed to be doing okay, but today, all of the leaves on the side that cracked were looking down like they were dying, so we undid the duct tape, and found to my horrible displeasure.. there are bugs living inside the crack of mky plant and eating all through it, I need a way to kill the bugs inside it,. without harming the plant. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks ~ D

2. Maybe look into a pepper spray. But you have to identify the bugs to get a answer.

Why wouldn't. You describe them or do a google search with their description for some better answers as to what they are.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. As per Shaft ...ID the bugs would be very useful, however, you may paint Neem Oil into the wound or grafting wax, but Neem is good, use a small artist brush, add some Neem to a small cup of warm water and paint that into the crack, once done seal up with tape, then add 1/4 teaspoon to a pint hand sprayer and really spray that neem over the plant, then do it 1x time per month as a regular choir to prevent bugs and some fungi

4. I'm sorry I forgot to include the name of the bugs, There are slugs, but there are also these bugs that are slimy like dark grey similar to a pill kind've shape and they have a bunch of legs, I'm not sure exactly how to identify them.. I'm in michigan if that would help anyone figure out what they might be. But the crack was like nearly completely off the plant so if it doesn't start to perk up soon I'm going to have to cut the branch off from fear of losing the whole plant, How would I seal up the wound were it was if I do have to do this?

5. put some boric acid around the perimeter of your plant.

Neem oil, 2-3ml per liter, and drench those infested areas with it.