Cracked glass fix please

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by TokyoKush, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Hey guys I have a black leaf she4lock 18mm gong attachment to turn my a/c into a bubbler. It has a jariline crack from the joint down and it seemes to be getting worse does anyone know a way to fix it. Id be super sad if I lost this piece

2. Double post but it wouldn't let me add a pic

Attached Files:

3. Idk if there I'd a way to stop it from spreading. Be careful when you take stuff out of the joint and hope it holds

4. Well im wanting to try and fix the crack if it is possible ive heard of heating it and melting it together but im not sure about that. I also have Shoe Goo that ive used to fix pieces after they have broken.

5. Once the whole piece cools I don't think it can be remelted together, only thing I can think is to wrap it with some really strong tape, but that's still only temporary.

6. Ive wrapped the joint in electrical tape but have not covered the rest of the crack. Anyone know the best tape to use? Perhaps there is a glass glue of some sort.

7. Is that the female joint?
    I'd wrap duct tape around it real tight.

Still anyway you fix it, it's broken. The crack like a cancer grows until it's time to go.

8. Safelite repai, safelite replace

9. If youre going to use tape, get some gaff. Sticks good but leaves no residue, unlike duct which will be a bitch to get off.

10. I once got a crack on one of my old bongs and I put a layer of Epoxy over it and it is still going after 6 years... Just make sure you let it dry overnight. :)

11. Just buy another! Around here, those go for $10- sometimes less.

12. Use the shoe goo man!! Dont be shy about the amount you use. I've personally used shoe goo to fix the female glass on glass joint on one of my bongs.

13. I'd probably wrap it with tape and try to be careful and use it until it breaks more and then get a new one.

I don't know if there's anything toxic in those glues/adhesives so I would avoid them unless I knew for sure that it's okay to use and doesn't contain toxic chemicals.

It'd probably cost at least the price of the piece to get it fixed so that's not really worth doing.  I don't think it can just be heated in one spot to fuse the crack back together.

14. Try plasti dip. You can get a can of this in the spray paint section of lowes for under 6 bucks an it holds liquids back. I sprayrd my grls piece as a case pretty much to protect it from cracks and i also sprayed my fishtank that had a huge hairline crack that leaked bad an it.held back the water 100% cheap an easy n they got bunch or colors if u wanna search online. Lowes has black an white n maybe red. Good luck post a photo if fixd

Sent from my Desire HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Oh ya if u try plasti dip spray dry an re spray maybe 4-6 times more layers the better though.

Sent from my Desire HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Black leafs break.........ALOT

17. J hooks are 13$ localy