Cousin got busted in Utah

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by RVD420RVD, Jan 21, 2013.

1. #1 RVD420RVD, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    Long story short my cousin, one of the nicest dudes you'll ever meet, got busted speeding in Utah with $50,000 worth of weed. He's got a clean record. How fucked is he.

2. Maybe a big ticket for possession and be put on probation.

Not really sure though, I should know the weed laws through n through but I don't. . .

Pretty sure a first time offense isn't THAT bad, but then again this is Utah, police state sanctuary in the midst of MADNESS! :eek:

3. Utah probably has strict laws. 50,000 dollars worth of weed is probably going to be a smuggling/distrubution charge or something aka LARGE FINE/CS, or jail.

4. yeah man nothing personal but he is fucked big time $50,000 ain't know nickel sack homes lol....he might get off but he'll have to sell is soul ratting out 3 or 4 other guys....

5. He said 50.00$ brosef

6. Can we clear up if it's 50 GRAND or a flat $50. $50 would be an 8th which is a slap on the wrist no big deal. 50 Grand.... well shit.

7. three 0's after the dot....sooo its either a typo or OP is stoned and autistic

8. Yeah..I'm confused.. 50$ or 50grand.

50 dollars = Possession of less than 1 oz. is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by a maximum sentence of 6 months imprisonment and a maximum fine of $1,000. Upon a second conviction the person is guilty of a class A misdemeanor, and upon a third or subsequent conviction the person is guilty of a third degree felony

50grand =
    Possession of 1 lb.-100 lbs. is a Third Degree felony punishable by a maximum sentence of 5 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $5,000.

9. [quote name='"Pun Intended"']

three 0's after the dot....sooo its either a typo or OP is stoned and autistic[/quote]

Haha. Good catch guys. simple mistake, all fixed

10. 50grand = Possession of 1 lb.-100 lbs. is a Third Degree felony punishable by a maximum sentence of 5 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $5,000.

That's a possession charge. If he is convicted of distribution/selling it could be much worse. Or something along those lines. Sorry for your cousin. Advice? Lawyer :wave:

11. $50,000 worth of weed and he speeds? Find this hard to believe. Surely a bust like this would be on a news somewhere. :)

12. Help him find a good lawyer! It can make all the difference!

13. [quote name='"fluffykush"']$50,000 worth of weed and he speeds? Find this hard to believe. Surely a bust like this would be on a news somewhere. :)[/quote]

I wish I were making it up man. My favorite cousin too. He's a wicked smart dude but decided to be a dumbass and speed with $50,000 of fucking weed on him.

14. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Help him find a good lawyer! It can make all the difference![/quote]

Supposedly they have special marijuana lawyers in Utah haha.

15. cruise control is your friend when will people learn?

16. Well we bailed him out ($7,000) We'll go from there i guess.

17. Yeah man you'll have to take it one step at a time. Sorry for the fucked up laws homie. Everything will be alright and there is always money to be made. Just be happy he's alive ya know? :D:wave:

18. [quote name='"4Ridgemont4"']

Yeah man you'll have to take it one step at a time. Sorry for the fucked up laws homie. Everything will be alright and there is always money to be made. Just be happy he's alive ya know? :D:wave:[/quote]

I am dude. Always lookin on the bright side. It's the way to live. Thanks for the support my man.

19. Just saying

Hire me I wont speed..