court date comin up

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by mindtrip, May 7, 2008.

1. alright first off, iwas caught with one ecstasy pill at school (long story). I was arrested and was on my way to juvi until the officer called my mom and she fainally answered and the cop dropped me off at the police station. He was sayin that ecstasy is a big felony. 3 monthes later, i got my court date on may 23. I live in san diego and in my city they have a juvenile justice program which is basically counseling and an alternative to probation. ive finished all my community service, classes, meetings etc. But my qs are:

If i do be put on probation, how long would it be?

Any drug testing?

Fines?

im asking this to people who know their fair share about the law but i live california for the information

2. all I know is that you should be banned right now. If you're a juvenile then you are underage. congrats on incriminating yourself on your very first post. I now see how you got caught with an ecstasy pill.

3. Punishment for the crimes are based upon the time and mindset of the individual at the time the crime was committed.

It is perfectly logical that his birthday was in the time between the arrest and now, and he is in fact 18. Although you are probably right you cannot say without reasonable doubt that he in fact is under 18 based only by his statement. :)

To the OP: You said there was an alternative to probation, so if you completed it why would you get put on probation? It seems like what you did was complete the program prior to the trial incase you are found guilty and get that as your punishment you can say you alraedy completed it. If you do get put on probation most likely you will be drug tested.

4. well first off, why in the hell would you get caught with one X pill? i'd just chew the shit out of it, and tell them it was candy or something

well I live in GA, and got arrested for weed (2 times) and well, its alot of BS, i'm on probation for a DUI right now so it sucks, classes, license reinstatement which cost good money, probation it self is a doosie with money, my fine for my dui, was like 1,018 or sum'n and its going to be a total of 2,000 of just the probation...
    :mad:

5. haha that was my excuse
    ecstasy is the most popular drug at my school by far. even the little freshies are into that shit. I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. if it didnt happen back then, sumthing like this would have happened in the future cuz i was already starting to use harder an hardr drugs and sometimes dealing.

6. Why didnt you just toss it in your mouth and swallow all the evidence before you got searched

7. I mean I guess it is POSSIBLE that he is now over 18, however unlikely.

often if you are caught in possession of any scheduled substance in a school and you are less than a year from you 18th bday they usually charge you as an adult. Atleast in the great state of Arizona.

8. I meant something like diversion programs or jjp because i hav no prior criminal history of any aspect before the incident. The program with cs and counseling i was refering to was a school district program that does show up in front of the judge

9. In that case, youll get probation with d/t

10. lol whyyyyy didnt u just down that pill.. fuck would have saved yourself so much bullshit time over 1 pill.