Couple questions....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by IamRizzo, Mar 26, 2006.

1. So yeah Hey Guys,

I got two seeds from a friend I trew em in some paper towels sprouted them planted them and now there about 7" - 8" inches tall now at the. I am no sure if these are because they are from diffrent bread of plants or if one is female and one is male.... There are quite a few noticable diffrences in the plants one the little sprouts followin the stew verticaly is small the other are bigger.... one's got more lil greenery followin straight up the other is follow the branch more...

Thanks for readin my post....
    Any thoughts would be great....

-Rizzo

2. I think this one might be the female..... It has the lil things that go with the branches and they look like lil hairs....

Attached Files:

• A1.JPG
      A1.JPG
      File size:
      152.8 KB
      Views:
    • A2.JPG
      A2.JPG
      File size:
      171.9 KB
      Views:
    • A3.JPG
      A3.JPG
      File size:
      91.9 KB
      Views:
  3. this one I think might be male the leafs are a lil bushier and at the branches it kinda looks like it might start to be balls....

Attached Files:

• B1.JPG
      B1.JPG
      File size:
      149.6 KB
      Views:
    • B2.JPG
      B2.JPG
      File size:
      162.4 KB
      Views:
    • B3.JPG
      B3.JPG
      File size:
      124.3 KB
      Views:
    • B 6.JPG
      B 6.JPG
      File size:
      129.6 KB
      Views:
  4. you cannot tell a male from a female by bushieness, internode spacing, or any other variable. the things that you see which look like hairs are probably
    "calyxes". both male and female have these. the things which you see as "balls" are probably new growing tips. do some reading on the way marijuana grows, then come back to the plants. also, are they growing under artificial lighting or sunlight? because that plant doesnt seem to be getting enough light. only moderate stretching, but its still there. if your using artificial light, it is alot easier to tell the sex of a plant. generally a marijuana plant is unable to produce flowers until it reaches about 1 foot in height.(this does not apply to lowryder strains). you can tell if a marijuana plant is sexually mature by "alternating branches". which basically means that if your leaves are symetrical, the plant is not mature, and thus not ready to be sexed. however, if your leaves appear at different levels with every pair, the plant has reached maturity. you can sex a plant under artificial lighting by putting it ina regime of 12 hours light, 12 hours dark. with natural light this is more of a problem. sorry for such a long post, but as this is in the "absoloute beginners" board, i felt it was all stuff you needed to know. if you need ANY help, i will be happy to do what i can. just pm me. :)

5. I fuckin dropped my 18" flourescent bulb onto one of my plant and broke one of the top leafs off..... DAMN!?!?!?! o well I put it back up (the light) and got the plants back into my scrog box..... I am still unsure as to which is which.... Just wondering how long about I should be waiting until I set it to 12 hours light 12 darks.....

-Rizzo

6. ^^^^^^^
    Do this Rizzo.
    If you do not understand it then just go 12/12 when plants are 12 inches tall.