couple questions...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by callmemike, Mar 16, 2009.

1. first grow, just started germin my seeds. just 4 bagseeds, soaked em in water for like a day and a half, and now i got em in a moist paper towel on a tray and covered with a thin plastic and its sittin elevated above a heat register. now its been almost 24 hrs, and all 4 have a little root comin out.

Q1- should i put em in soil now??
    Q2- are solo cups fine to put them in??
    Q3- i have another month before i can put them outside where i want them, how much could they grow in this time??

the only light they will be gettin is from sitting in my living room with some early afternoon/late morning sun

2. Go for it dude, I soak them and put them straight into soil when they crack. They won't grow much at all in a month with just that for lighting but this might be a good thing for you. The cups should be fine, put holes in the bottom for drainage and maybe show us some pictures before you plant them outdoors!

Good luck

3. #3 newgrowNY, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    agree with Usual... put them in soil

4. Scotts premium gardening soil work ok?? need like a 20-10-10 right?

5. you want a soil that has no time release ferts in it... get a good organic soil

Its best to be able to add your own nutes as needed... pre-ferted soils will cause more problems than your going to want to deal with

6. ok that makes sense, thanks man. check back end of the week, i'll try and have an update.

7. just went up and bought a bag of Miracle Grow's Organic Choice. not much of a selection at Walmart...so i got the seeds in that now..should i put plastic on top of these cups to create more humidity so they will sprout up??

thoughts? opinions? criticisms?

all advice and comments greatly appreciated.