Couple of quick questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jupe132, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Aight check this out...A friend and myself have decided to also start this tradition of growing, and I have a couple of questions to ask. This room is a pretty big closet which is outside the apartment. Now what we have in mind is to put about 5-6 plants in there. We have heard lots of different things...I have always heard to use fluresant lights (do the K-mart Gro-Lights work?) but we have heard to use a black light too, I thought that made them burn??? The next thing, since it is outside, would a smaller heater be good, or even a humidifyer? Which one is a better deal? We have heard to get saran wrap an put inthe room on the walls to keep in moister? what is the better route? All the stuff we have right now is Schwag weed, so we are looking to get enough to keep for ourselves, no selling...What's the best way to go about all of this? Any more info feel free to ask, I'll prolly put pictures of the room up tommorow :) Thanks for any of the help

2. The other thing is how to make sure you can't smell them...I know about purifyers? We have the TrueAir Purifyer, which we got from a local store (Lowe's) Do those work just fine, we got two and filters for them?

3. HIGH All, just finished answering that ? a sec ago.

A setup of ballast, base, and bulb should only run around $20. In order to maximize results, you will need to use different bulb types during different growing cycles. Each type of fluorescent bulb puts out a different spectrum. Warm white bulbs gives off more red light, which is good for flowering. Cool white bulbs give off more blue light, which is good for vegetative growth. Fluorescent bulbs are pretty inexpensive, so you should be able to purchase both types.

BLACK LIGHTS don't work and if people don't believe us...use it and try.

Saran wrap???? Maybe try Black & White poly it's a plastic that is black on one side and white on the other. It can be used to cover up windows, make partitions and reflect light onto the plants. It is great for partitioning O.F.F.F. spaces, as it is very tough, reflective, and can be handled on a daily basis without damage or tearing. The white side reflects 90% of all light.

4. Yeah man, black lights don't do shit.
    If it's outside, you need to keep the temps between 60 and 80 F at all times, optimal is about 77 F
    You won't need a humidifier, unless you live in the middle of the desert or something.
    And since you're growing 5-6 plants, figure out the floorspace (area) your plants are taking up, and use the formula 50 watts per square foot buy your fluoro's, and you should be on your way to a decent grow in now time.