Couple of quick questions.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by otroo, Sep 28, 2014.

1. So my first vape was a MFLB I like a lot but I was thinking of getting two more. One will be the Hammer thanks to Ren and the second one I am thinking of is the SSV and no I don't want a Volcano. The question is about the SSV I keep hearing about the taste of the whip coming into play and I just wanted to know what is the taste like? I don't have anyone near me with one to give it a try. I had given some thought about the LSV but not sure I want that one. So can you guys let me know about this whip taste. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Never tried those but if you clean regularly the taste shouldn't be an issue.  You could also make your own whips from cheap parts at the local hardware store.

3. #3 lwien, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014

For me, I can taste adulterated vapor that has come into contact with plastic, silicone, wood or rubber so for me, any vapes that have these things in their vapor path is a bit of a negative but for others, it's no big deal.

Edit: And this has absolutely nothing to do with the cleanliness of those surfaces, as it was eluded to in the post above mine.   As a matter of fact, the opposite is true, that is, the more vapor that passes over those surfaces, the less of a taste those surfaces provide.

For me,  nothing beats an all glass vapor path or as close to it as I can get.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Never tried the SSV, but ive smoked a similar vape with a whip like that, and to be honest the plastic taste of the whip was quite noticeable.   I dont know if something like that would go away with time, but it definitely took away from the taste of the bud.  Ive tried about 10 different vapes, and the volcano is definitely the best, although as far as i know its also the most expensive

5. Okay thanks. I liked that post you posted on about that mini log vape sorry I forget it's name.

6. The SSV whips are the best I have come across but they still do have a faint taste/smell when brand new. Its hard to describe the flavor when they are used but it kind just diminishes the flavor in a way but no plastic type taste.

I all together stopped using whip style vaporizers and havent looked back. I prefer the direct inject style that the LSV, log vapes, etc. have.

Hasnt been the most expensive for a while now. Get updated.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I meant it was the most expensive amongst the vapes that ive tried.

8. Haven't had a issue with taste on mine. The parts your herb vapes in are ceramic and glass parts so I find it has a nice taste.

9. Well I have a Vapir NO2 but regardless this should help some with the taste:
    When you first get it, set it to its max temperature and just let it sit like that (with nothing in the vape obviously) for 10-20. I heard a lot of cases where people have done this and it improves the taste.
    Apparently it just takes off anything that would be left over from the manufacturing.
    So that could be the cause of the taste.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. go with the SSV

no ragrets

seriously, best vape i've ever owned

11. I just ordered a SSV Wave Rider series. Should be here within the next week. I would like to thank you all for your input.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just got a ssv and I love it. I don't notice any poor flavors from the whip. I can taste the bud just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The SSV is a great vape, and is, in my opinion, the best whip based vape on the planet.    You guys made an excellent choice in picking it.

14. I am looking forward to getting it cause I was on a t break cause of being sick and since I decided to order it I also decided on waiting to vape until it got here and that will be a four week tbreak for me.