Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

couple of q's and tips?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by manvswild, Feb 15, 2009.

1. well..i smoked pot around 6-7 times now...im somewhat new to it, and it doesnt help since i got busted with it...i left it out after i got high once,and forgot to retrieve it, and my family member found it..its been around 4 weeks since i got busted,and i had to get 1 counseling session because my family believed i was an addict (funny since it was only a few times during weekends)

anyway...im thinking about starting up in a month or two once the thing blows over...and i have a few questions

1.)i use an apple,since thats easy to use,and i dont have to hide a pipe or a bong or anything later, is that an effective way to smoke weed?
    2.)i hid my stuff in my closet in a sun glasses case...now im clueless where to put it, our basement is the type where we just have a bunch of random shit,would my luck be better hiding it there?
    3.)usually when i smoked, i just put a whole nug and smoked it..i realized that thats an ineffective way of toking, and that you have to break it up to tiny pieces...so would fingers work just fine to break the thing up?

any other hints / tips to help me enjoy it while not getting caught?thank you and happy tokin all:hello:

2. 1. Find someone or somewhere to buy/sell you a glass piece or a metal pipe, or make something more semi-permenant by using a 9mm socket and some kind of screen, attatch that to something used as a downstem, add a water bottle and BAM. Or check out SEMS1's guides to making a homemade piece.

2.Hiding it in a sock is one of the best places to hide it, depending on your house you can always hide it in the roof tiles.

3. Bust it up into smaller pieces with your fingers, and take out the stems. Or buy a grinder. Or toss the nug in a shot class and stick the scissors in there and go mad.

4. As to not get caught, make a sploof or go outside.

5. Welcome to the city :)

3. 1. An apple works just fine. Just be sure you don't let it rot. You could also apt for making another type of quick disposable pipe or bong and enjoy an apple while you're at it.
    2. Just use your common sense when it comes to hiding your contraband. Put it where other people won't look and be sure that you seal in any odors.
    3. Generally, I just break up the bud because I find that it smokes more to my preference that way. However, it depends on the density of the bud as well. Very dense buds may not smoke very well in a bowl and will probably need to be broken up while fluffier buds can be just placed into the bowl.

To not get caught, smoke it in a manner so you don't let smoke escape into the air as this will cause the area to stink. You can load one hit at a time and smoke it that way. Also, exhaling outside, through a sploof, or into a thick piece of cloth or clothing can help cover odors or trap smoke. If indoors, open a window and keep a fan blowing to keep the air moving. Cloths are where odors are trapped the most. Odors can also come from your breath, clothing, and hair. If you're smoking carefully, it should only be coming from your breath. When smoking outdoors, just don't be seen and blow billows of smoke that other people will notice.

4. i usually did it in the bathroom..took out all the towels or anything that can smell after,turned on the fan inside the bathroom and either blew it into the toilet,or just let it out..

i was thinking about hiding it in the attic, my family doesnt even know we have one, and its in my room..id just hide it on the ledge of the entrance, ... id prolly put it in a sock too so it wouldnt reek...would that be a okay spot?if i were someone trying to bust someone,i'd look through the whole room, but not the attic

btw thanks for not being assholes about me being new + rep ! cheers

5. The only thing you have to really worry about is the smell that your piece and stash will leave when being brought out and carried around. Just make sure that you can't smell it when you put it in the attic and you should be fine. I'm not sure if blowing smoke into a toilet can do too much, but a window, fan (make sure it won't go anywhere else people can smell it), or through a sploof works fine. You can also shower afterwards and the hot steam and smell of whatever you're using will help clear out the smell.

6. #7 falcon10911, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
    Only you can make a conclusion on where to hide it since we don't know you or your family :p

Just put it in a place that you can remember (important) and where your family members don't go or use often (even more important). Personally when I have people coming over and I have to hide my shit I just put it in the tape deck of an old stereo that has been sitting in my room for years.

And on the note of the bathroom fan, I remember reading a story about someone who smoked in the bathroom, but didn't know the outtake was right beside the intake of the AC.

7. well,we live in a town house,so there is 3 other families...would that affect them in any way?i wont blow it in the bathroom if it does,i dont want to harm them or make them inhale any toxins that they are not aware of..

isnt out the window a bit sketchy?since when cars go by its obvious that someone is smoking?(i live on a busy main street, where cars ride all the time)

8. Make a sploof (toilet paper roll stuffed with dryer sheets). Your smoke will come out smelling like flowers on the other end.

9. [quote name='manvswild']well..i smoked pot around 6-7 times now...im somewhat new to it, and it doesnt help since i got busted with it...i left it out after i got high once,and forgot to retrieve it, and my family member found it..its been around 4 weeks since i got busted,and i had to get 1 counseling session because my family believed i was an addict (funny since it was only a few times during weekends)

anyway...im thinking about starting up in a month or two once the thing blows over...and i have a few questions

1.)i use an apple,since thats easy to use,and i dont have to hide a pipe or a bong or anything later, is that an effective way to smoke weed?
    2.)i hid my stuff in my closet in a sun glasses case...now im clueless where to put it, our basement is the type where we just have a bunch of random shit,would my luck be better hiding it there?
    3.)usually when i smoked, i just put a whole nug and smoked it..i realized that thats an ineffective way of toking, and that you have to break it up to tiny pieces...so would fingers work just fine to break the thing up?

1. Buy a mini pipe at least. I guess you should use an apple or can afew times before you get the pipe just to make sure your gunna do it again, You also could get joint wrappers or blunts, But its deff worth having something legit b/c cans and apples get annoying quick,

2. I just always feel more secure having it in my room. Maybe thats because my parents dont check my room though, But just hide the sunglass kit somewhere in your room that they dont often look. (Not under Matress)

3. Yea I only use grinders if its a joint or blunt. Which I usually dont do it, You Got to Keep it natural with you Hands As TUPAC said

10. Funny that you mentioned tupac because he's my favorite artist...high till I die. I just don't wanna get caugt again because mybwhole family was there when my mom exposed me of smoking and it was bad...hopefly she won't test me she claimed she would but I int think she will follow through once I pass it once

11. Welcome to the city, friend!

I surmise from your questions that you probably live with family members who wouldn't approve, so you want a stealthy way to get high. If so, then I can relate, since I'm in a similar situation.

I can offer a few words of advice, but first I'll answer your questions.

First, apple bongs are known to be novelties in the realm of smoking weed. That is, they're a unique way to smoke. But this doesn't mean that they're efficient in conserving weed at all. In fact, apple bongs tend to waste quite a lot of weed depending on they're made (plus, if you get to the point where you smoke more often, it'll be a bit of a pain to have to carve an apple every time you wanna blaze).

Second, I can't stress enough the importance of smell-proofing whatever your weed is in. You'll also want to preserve your weed so that it stays fresh and mold-free (I learned that the hard way). Lots of people have suggested mason jars and I imagine that they probably work well. I have nowhere to hide a jar. I use an empty prescription bottle (with the yellow tinted plastic). It does the job fairly well, though usually I end up having to cram in the weed if I've bought a lot of it. This bottle (along with the rest of my marijuana-related stuff) is in a video game box. I find this to be a very good hiding spot, especially if you keep such stuff in your room. Of course, it could just be any kind of empty box that you have in your room.

Third, anyone will tell you that breaking up the nugs is a lot better. Especially when you smoke a bong, putting whole nugs in will leave their centres less burnt (and thus, containing more THC) than the outsides. No matter how you smoke, always break up the nugs (either with a grinder or scissors or, as a last resort, your fingers).

So how do I smoke? Well, ever since I started, I quickly came to the conclusion that I don't like joints. For all those who do, that's great. I still think they're nice to pass around in a social environment, but I prefer bongs. The hits are much smoother and not as lung damaging (a huge factor for me), you don't smell afterward, your fingers don't smell, your room doesn't smell (you can easily smoke out the window, with practice) and even your breath doesn't smell as much (the smoke contains fewer trace particles which could stick to the inside of your mouth and throat and make it smell). Pipes I don't like for the same reason as joints.

Since I live at home, I can't buy and hide a bong in my room. It's not big enough for that and I'll get caught in no time. I've worked out a very good alternative. I went down to my local headshop and bought a metal stem used for the sole purpose of making a water-bottle bong. It's made from a metal which doesn't emit any toxins (side note: NEVER smoke from an aluminum bowl; it's very harmful for you) and I can make a bong whenever I need to. You might not be able to find this exact type of piece, but you can do some research and find an alternative similar to this (think trumpet pieces, for example). I'm well aware that that it's not as good as using a regular bong, but it's incredibly stealthy and can be whipped up in under 5 minutes after you've had practice burning holes in the bottle.

If you go down this route, I have two tips for you:
    1) If you can, try to rinse out the bottle after you've burned the holes in it but before you've inserted the stem. This cleans out the fumes generated from burning plastic (you don't want to be inhaling those alongside your smoke).
    2) Until you've learned how to burn the perfect hole, you can always use gum to seal up the space around the inserted stem.
    3) Use the coldest water possible. Throw some (crushed) ice in the bottle, if it'll fit through. You will find smoother smoke to be a lot more pleasant, allowing you to take bigger hits.

I hope that helped. Like me, I'm sure you'll learn a new trick to keep your smoking stealthy each time you smoke. Just be careful and don't get caught.