couple of problems in veg

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by medpatient, Mar 3, 2010.

1. This is my first grow so take it easy on me

I recieved four blackberry clones from a local clinic on 2-25

the clones were transplanted into a dwc setup on 2-26
    I am using general hydroponic nutrients and the lucas formula. Currently using the full strength veg formula
    roots have reached out of the net pots on the plant in front right and the rear plant.

My 2 Questions:

1) the older leaves have the yellowing and burning on the tips. these are all the leaves that were cut by the clinic when the clones were taken. And overall the leaves seem droopy to me. Is this from starting full strength veg nutes too early or does it look like nitrogen deficiency? The yellowing started the day after the nutrients were added.

2) new growth has taken off in two of the plants while the other two have absolutely no new growth. is there any way to stimulate new growth in these plants? They don't seem to have anywhere for new growth to sprout from.

the tds has been stable in the high 490's and ph rises everyday to 6.0-6.1 but I have been lowering it back down to 5.8. temps have been from 80-83 and rh is low at 35-40.

the humidifier and more cooling will come tomorrow.

**the pictures will not upload in this thread because it says I already uploaded them in my journal. I do not know how to show them here but the link to my journal is http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-grow-journals/560086-1st-grow-dwc-t5-hps-4xblackberry.html**

2. I veg my clones at 250ppm the first week and 500ppm the second week. If your following the Lucas formula then cut your nutrient strength in half for a week and then they should be ready to go at full strength. The thing is that their roots are so small that I doubt you did much damage. But you should adjust down so as their roots grow over the next week you don't burn them.
    good luck! the lucas formula works so you should do well.

3. Thanks for the reply. I lowered the ppm but didn't lower down to 250 just because I didnt have enough RO water. I'm at about 370ppm and will go lower tomorrow. the thing is though that the plant in front on the left is really taking off and is the one with the most roots. it seems to love the conditions.

Also is there any input on the two that have no new growth?

Are they just late bloomers?