Couple of newbie questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Foo20, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Im doing a crappy makeshift grow in these woods by my house. I planted by a fallen tree because that was the only spot that didnt have natural shade and was still surrounded by brush and crap. My question is how often/long do my plants have to be watered and tended to? I dont want to go to much because I dont people being suspicious of me in that area all the time. And also I have 15 2-5 inch plants, I only expect about 5-8 to make it til the end. So what do I do if some are male? Can I keep growing them near the females somehow? Or do I either have to kill them or find some spot well away from the females? ALL help is appreciated!

2. #2 rhapsodyrcks, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
    Depends where you live really. Washington state sure, Atlanta ehh depending on if theres a drought..Texas prolly not...have had a 6 year drought why beef is so expensive no grass to feed them they had to kill most of them off last year.

But as for how much water...not alot at first but then at least for indoor can be everyday watering depending on pot size and plant size. Most cannabis grows well in wet but arid climates. The stuff that grows in Paki and Afghanistan are grown in valleys for the most part where water flows from the mountains. Alot grows in equatorial zones because its like the rain forest in those areas.

If there male you need to rip them up. They mature faster once they show sex and will impregnate your females. Cannasbis does not pollenate via insects but by wind for the most part, one reason why there buds get so big so they can trap pollen flying by.

Growing outside is harder then you think but is done alot. Good luck! Also youll have quite wait as well. Harvest happens in the fall!

3. I live in Florida. So I thought checking and watering once every 1-2 weeks should be ok? And I cant just harvest them in 4-5 months? I have to wait till season?

4. Maybe buy some automatic strains since they are supposed to mature faster.Plus you need to check them every couple days til they get a couple feet tall,for those you already started.