Country vs. rap

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by RipVanRyan, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Let's try this again. In your opinion which genre is better? And I'm referring to real country: George straight, merl haggard, Clint black, randy Travis, ect....

2. some people are gonna like rap, some are gonna like country. neither is inherently better than the other.

pointless thread is pointless.

3. Ive listened to both. All my childhood I heard Johnny cash, George strait, and so on.
    But honestly rap is deeper on most levels. Now mind everyone who's thinking I'm an idiot right now, I am not referring to shoot cops, kill and gangbang rap.
    Listen to Z-ro and you'll understand. He came up off crack and raps about the gang lifestyle, but in his other songs you can see he goes through all the same tthings we do. Instead of believing the hype about rap when you really listen to some they are very down to earth.

4. [quote name='"Danis..."']some people are gonna like rap, some are gonna like country. neither is inherently better than the other.

pointless thread is pointless.[/quote]

Lol. I just looked at the threads you started. I think you have no room to speak about pointless threads. My opinion of course

5. I'm not a real big fan of rap but there are a handful of pretty good rapsongs. However there really aren't any country songs I can think of off the top of my head that I really like. Country is probably one of my least favorite genres.

6. Im gonna go with rap

7. In my school the only kids who like country are cousin-banging wannabe rednecks, and they blast it outta their walmart speakers in their crap trucks.

I like rap way more than country.

8. I'm not sure you can really compare the two.
    It's like apples and oranges.

9. He's not asking you to compare just say which you prefer, rap for me. I will say this though, Johnny Cash's music is fucken bause.

10. Country, hands down

11. I like bluegrass, but I cannot stand country. I live in Georgia and I totally feel you on the wannabe rednecks. However there's also just as many wannabe gangster punk ass white boys blasting rap through their nice speakers that their parents bought. Id much rather listen to rap than country though.

12. Its the annoying exaggerated fake ass southern accents that make me just wanna shoot myself in the fucking face.

13. I like good music. Period. Genre doesnt really matter.

14. Bluegrass ftw

15. i prefer rap. never really liked country with the exception of a few songs

16. Same here...but they are both kinda dumb.

I use to have subwoofers in my car and shit like that...grew out of that pretty quick.....

17. I for one love rap,cant listen to a minute of country tho. But I do got respect for country because they sing about real shit. Ill admit theres probally more real country artists then there are real rappers. Its hard to find quality rap these days. But yeah,rap still wins haha.