Counting the growing days...when to start...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ShadowMonkey, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Some plants veg slow some veg fast. Grow your plant until it fills the space before flower or larger then you can fit then trim it back. If you do that you'll be happy with your yield. If you flower small plants early you'll have a small harvest.

2. What light are you using

3. I heard one time that autos should go 120 days not sure how much truth there is to it. Autos have changed so much in the last 4 years.

4. Got it TBone, but when you start flowering any way to narrow down harvest time by time? 60 days, 65 days? I know it depends much on different lighting, nutes, plant, etc. but what would be a good ballpark time for regular plant you veg and flower? Really can't get a handle on it with trichomes, pistils, etc. And for review, the pistils typically curl back in and really pretty much disappear, but how do the colors change? Again, I have to have friend look at colors because of my color blindness...I can't see the colors well at all.

5. CDB: Apollo Horticulture GLK600CTAC 600 Watt Grow Light Digital Dimmable HPS MH System for Plants Air Cool Tube Hood Set.

6. 120 days for auto CDB? Again, I didn't know, so I just went with when they said it would be ready on Nirvana seed sight...90 days. 30 less than typical regular plant.

7. Well autos I would too. I did a run indoors with all autos and I got heat stress on top of too many hours of light. So yes I would especially if you seen any new white pistils pop up on the tops of your bugs that look like they're almost done

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

8. As long as u get mostly cloudy thricomes u will generally have good smoke. So many things can happen. GTG actually covers his girls and so if he wants 9 hours he uncovers like around 10 am.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

9. I have adjusted my time based on CDB recommendations and changed it from 20-4 to 20-6. Papa this
    plant is scrogged and I don't see any heat issues from the light. This light is in plastic tube with fan vent.

10. I like to know how many days then work out grams per day. Saves arguing about grams per watt lol

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. I average about a 10 week rotation to empty the flower tent. Every 10 weeks or maybe 8-11 I harvest the flower room, move veg plants to the flower room, and start new veg plants.

I mostly watch new pistil condition. The plant will slow down in feed rate and most of the pistils will be old and orange. When it's really reduced it's new pistil activity and most of them aren't white anymore it's getting quite close to harvest. I have had a plant take 14 weeks before. The quickest maturing plant I have is 8 weeks from time of flip to chop.

12. #32 Tbone Shuffle, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    I guess the real measure of a grow room's efficiency is grams per watt per year or any other time measurement. That's where those really quick maturing strains come in handy. I grow close to 7-10 pounds a year with about 800 watts of lighting total. That's adding together veg and bloom setups.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Thanks Tbone...words of wisdom from experienced grower appreciated.