Counting Nodes?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Toker-KGCIII, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Hey peeps I was just curious what you guys consider the nodes? I know what a node is. when do you start counting them after the first set true leaves, or do you guys start at the first single leave? Just cuious because mine has two true leaf set's (five fingers) just curious as to when I should top it.

2. the nodes are the lateral shoots coming off the plant stem. the first node would be the lowest shoot coming off the plant and the second to lowest would be the second node and so on all the way up

3. Yeah I understand that but you know the very first leaves? (the single leaf after the cotyledons) think thats how you spell it. But anyhow I was wondering if you count that or no?

4. no i wouldnt count it
    why you wanting to know this?

5. Well I've always heard that you want to top the plant after it's fourth node. (My first grow) And I was also just curious. Thnx for the help.

6. does the top of the plant count as a node? if you wait until like 6 nodes or so then to top cut above the second true node, and veg for a while longer, youll have 4 main colas. cut above the 3rd true node to get 8 6 colas..