count the tops =]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Panda85, Aug 15, 2011.

1. #1 Panda85, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
    HEADBAND 5 months old, 7 gal bucket ffof soil and ff grow big nutes, 1st week after first signs of flowering(2nd week 12/12) canopy stretches 2ft x 2ft. over 50 tops(after taking 10 clones) under a 150w hps and 125w (6500k) cfl. lights stay 10-16" away temps are 70-80F

defeated spider mites twice went through 3 times moving survived heat damage several times.. finally got her back into shape with a more permanent home.

last time i grew a plant like this, yielded over a lb about 18ozs. the last one was grown outdoors and had much more straight up stalks when flowering began but was about the same size..

any guess on yield this lady should put out? i dont really care but i like the votes =]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. looking fantastic. I bet you'll yield 4-5 oz off it.

3. damn, looks like u really know what your doin

4. looks like it could yeild a half lb but idk. just a guess...

5. What's is more important to receive light, the stems, flowers, or buds? Pls answer

6. the leaves. the lower plant usually doesn't receive much light but the leaves do all the work.

im hoping for 8+ oz but never really had to deal with spider mites b4.. had to manicure all the lower leaves off and its looking a bit thin, which shouldnt matter too much since it would never recieve light below the canopy anyway. it really needs some good healthy large leaves so it can start growing fast again

7. if you manage to keep those mights at bay it will yield higher for sure. having both your lamps directly above the canopy would be ideal...

8. Did you defoliate? Or is it looking bare cuz of the mites?

9. defoliate over time.. the leaves were more than half damaged so they were worthless.. those mites are killer. havent seen one in about 2 weeks and no webs or new holes in leaves. i also hear defoliating below the screen promotes quicker top growth.. and seems to be correct. 3 weeks ago the plant was about half dead and looked like shit

10. Very cool to hear. Sorry about those mites, I heard they can be a bitch but glad u have it under control. Glad to hear that defoliating works well for u too! I love how branchy it gets when u start defoliating.

Only problem is that I can't stop!!! :p

Good luck again n keep us updated!

11. will do, i take pics every week. i will just keep posting to this thread..thanks for all the comments

and yes this plant just went crazy when i took off some leaves and put her under that screen with the lights pretty close.. new growth appeared out of bare stems =] and bushed out very quick. very excited to see how this lady turns out.. never seen such a quick/perfect recovery.

12. #12 Panda85, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2011
    Well here are some new pics everything looking pretty good. week 3 of 12/12 week 2 since first signs of flower. did find a few mites climbing around again and got a free sample of azamax. ive heard very awesome things about this stuff and so far it has worked after first treatment.. has no smell and is very safe to use even on full grown buds. i even treated my clones that are barely rooting and with the lights on with no damage at all. finally built an aeroponic cloner for some cuttings and are rooting in 3-5 days. i will not go back to pete pellets...

also started mixing nutes with great results. i mix 1tsp of FF grow big and 2tsp of FF tigerbloom. did get a little nute burn on first feeding so ill just be adding another quart of water until she can handle it, then increase it out to hopefully 3tsp tiger bloom and 1tsp of grow big per gallon.

NEW GROWTH
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PREFLOWERS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AEROPONIC BUCKET
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ROOTS =]
    [​IMG]
    =]
    [​IMG]

13. how is she looking? as far as i remember at 2-3 weeks of 12/12 there is usually much more pistil population and more bud growth.. this plant has been nothing but trouble and i hope all the stress its been through she will still produce thick healthy buds..

14. that last picture is beautiful !!!

Dang I want to make my own hydro bucket. I should get on that cuz I have to top my plants soon.

But nice set up and good healthy plant!

15. Hygrizyme is the thing that will push it over that ''speedbmp'' if she's going over it too slow... alternatively you could make an ''alfalfa tea'' for the same effect. more light can't hurt either

16. built a frame for my big ol girl and re-arranged the tops, i think im past the initial stretch from the transition into flower. started feeding her 2tsp of tiger bloom, 1/4tsp grow big, and 1/4 tsp of open sesame every 4-5days. also started using mighty wash to hopefully keep those damn mites off my shit!!!

planning on getting another 150watt hps to cover the full top at a closer distance and get rid of some shadowing so i dont have to thin her out too much.

[​IMG]

17. nice looking plant. +that screen really works for it. I think you should do this again, dwc style... less bug problems probably... if you're getting a new light I recommend what i run, a 400 pulse start 3k with the phantom ballast. however the 2x150 hps will definitely help get the quality too.

18. im still debating on getting one of the switchable ballasts that go down to 400watts and up to 1000w. 400 or 600 for veg(to save power) and 1000 for flower. but it might cause more of a heat issue since this is going to be my smaller(veg room). i would need a larger exhaust fan and some ac for the daytime. i think running 2 150w hps should be good light coverage and i can get them closer

i have a few clones in the aerobucket almost ready to put into bubble buckets and into dirt =]

heres another pic of the frame i made for it so i can move the damn thing when i need to
    [​IMG]

19. Good job! It's looking pretty good. I think it will be held back a little by so much de-foliation, but not a whole lot. Definitely better than having spider mites. I'm doing a similar thing with low stress training. I have a jellybean kush that I topped at about 8 nodes, then tied down the 6 main branches that grew from that, then tied down all the branches that grew from that which has resulted in 50+ grow tops just like yours. I don't get why more people don't grow like this, it's so space efficient. Here's a pic of my jellybean. I'm planning on doing the same thing to 3 skywalkers I have going.

Attached Files:

20. nice healthy plant good job. yeh i am always wondering the same thing.. and i think its more of a time issue. no one wants to wait for the long veg. this was my mother plant for a few months and she started getting some problems and was too large to treat the mites(and check all the foliage). so i took some clones and put her in 12/12

there are soo many tops i cant even count them lol. im quite new to hydroponics but im going to give dwc a run for its money. I plan on super cropping then using the frame i made next run