could you heat up a grow cab with this?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by elitenoobuk, Oct 20, 2009.

1. hi gc i just switched to 12/12 and at night time the temp can drop to 10 degres, is this far to low? if so i was think if i could use a fish tank heater like this?
    a long shot i know but does anyone know if this could be used out of water, if so this would be perfect for setting temps at night time.
    thanks gc

2. #2 Zombo, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
    NO. it will heat up and break the glass. Period. When you say a 10 degree drop, what range are we talking about? I mean, this is a weed after all -- a drop from 75F to 65F isn't going to ruin anything.

Just throw a down sleeping bag over it -- should maintain a bit more stability.

3. That's What I thought it doesn't drop 10c it goes down to 10c it's about 28c with the lights on click on my sig and you will see my grow cab any suggestions would be great thanks

4. a sprout heat mat will help to maintain temps during lights out hours. like zombo said a temp drop 10 degrees wont kill the plant or slow growth unless the temp is dropping below 55F which is known to stunt growth in certain strains... typical temp range is 65f -80ish tops. with a relative humidity of no higher than 60.

5. thanks guys seeding mat it is just have to wait till pay day :)