Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Could you guys please help me out with something?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fnfalfjlasjfsajf, Sep 24, 2010.

1. I recently bought this: 18.8>14.5 HQ Diffuser Downpipe/Bong adapter - English - Grasscity.com

and this: Weed Star Percolator Bowl - English - Grasscity.com

I'm having two problems with these items. First, the hole on my bong is literally a mm too small to accept the downpipe. Tthe hole passes the dime trick, so i have no idea why a 14 mm downstem isn't fitting. Is there anyway I can file the hole on my bong to make it just a tad larger?

Secondly, The percolator bowl does not fit onto the diffuser, same problem as above.

I would appreciate any advice, since I apparently just blew 40 bucks.

Thanks!

2. get a rubber grommit from your local headshop for a quick fix, or attempt to make one yourself.
    that really sucks dude!

3. A grommet wouldn't actually help me here, because its a diffuser downstem, meaning the smoke comes out of the sides. Thanks though.

I don't understand why this isn't working, because I bought an 18.8 bowl for an 18.8 stem from the same manufacturer. It doesn't make sense.

4. bumppppppppppppp

5. Diamond burr on a drill or dremel tool. Failing that, emery cloth wrapped around a dowel (or pencil or other long round thing small enough to fit in the hole...no dick jokes now.) Go around, not in and out. Good luck, there's a high probability of chips or cracks so be careful.

6. you made the conversion the wrong way it looks like. the bowl is an 18.8mm joint and the fitting for the bowl on the downstem is a 14.4 mm joint. i'm assuming the downstem isnt fitting in the bong because the downstem is a 18.8 mm joint and the joint on your bong is a 14.4mm joint i'm guessing.

7. 50 grit emery cloth did not work, even after an hour or so of trying. Any other ideas? A solvent of some kind perhaps?

Im getting kinda desperate, I would really rather not have to buy a new bong in the future.

8. #8 thedeadwalkk, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2010
    buy a new downstem, or you can make a homemade downstem although it doesnt work super good. Take a big plastic straw and put it in ( not those thin ones, the thick ones )

9. Exactly.

That downstem is meant to go in a bong with a 18.8mm joint and accept 14.5mm bowls.

The percolater bowl is 18.8mm which is why it won't fit in the downstem. ;)

10. Ouch. Is this common knowlegde?

Would grasscity accept an exchange for a different size?

11. I'm not sure what to say about whether it's common knowledge or not... I mean, your average joe on the street probably wouldn't know, but your average glass junkie probably would. :p

You'd have to check out the Support section of the shop to find out whether you can exchange it or not.

The shop FAQ does say this:
    Returning of order
    If you wish to return your order you can do so from your account page. You will get a full refund if we receive the products in good condition and in the original packaging. 1 month after delivery you will not be able to return any received items to us.

But I'd contact support just to be sure.

12. yes that will work. that percolator bowl will still not fit though