could we all do this? (please read)

Discussion in 'General' started by weedzilla420, Dec 10, 2005.

1. hey gc,

i just had an idea.

we all are sick of the anti-mj propaganda that we keep seeing on tv. it's full of so much lies and bullshit it's downright disgusting and it continues to perpetuate the factual inconsistencies (motherfucking lies) that the govt keeps on saying. i could rant on about this all day on how the rationale for mj prohibition is totally based on misconceptions and lies and people are being lied to they'll believe it.

i have heard it suggested from other bladez that it would be cool to have pro-mj commericials on tv. so i tried to decide how that could be achieved. as a collaborative effort.

at last check, there were about 23,000 members on the board. if we could all lets say, donate $15 to start a tv ad campaign, that would raise approximately $345,000. plus maybe, if the owner of gc could be willing to donate like 5% of sales that would raise a tremendous amt of money as well. so what do you guys think about seriously trying to get something like this going.

• Like Like x 1
  2. thats a pretty sweet idea. I dont know if it would actually work, since there would probably be a lot of people that wouldnt donate or try to help but i like the thought. +rep(when i can give you more)

3. i dont think the FCC will allow PRO-illegal substance commercials lol, but why not if it would be allowed to air......you could also hit up the cannabis.com forums, they have another 27,858members that could donate to(off course if this ever got the ok to be shown and support took off)

4. btw,
    fuck the following:

bush

the bush administration

bush again

the fcc

bush once more

the dea

and finally BUSH
    (feel free to keep the list going, might start a new thread altogether.)

5. hilary clinton
    doctor phil
    freevibe
    above the influence

6. yeah fuck the bush....

7. lets go to the roots on this one:

DuPont
    Anslinger
    Hearst
    Heath
    Melon
    Reagan
    Nixon
    "just say no" bitch
    list goes on and on and on and on like a song until i hit this bong and watch some cheech n chong then listen to John Bonham hit the GONG... peace

8. id donate if others were.

9. ok, i would too. i think this will require the help of the mods.

10. Hold up.

I'd like to know entirley what this commercial would consist of. Where it would air, content, etc etc.

Aside all the technicalities of it, i would definatley put up some cashola for it.

Also i'd have to be SURE my money was actually going to this cause, not so you can buy a shitload of weed.

11. agreed

12. Well, this is a few years old, but:

http://www.icommag.com/november-2002/november-page-1b.html

Anyway, if we had a plan of exactly what the commercial would consist of, and a detailed plan of exactly when and where to air it, then I would be willing to donate some cash to the cause.

Someone said something about the FCC interfering; hopefully that won't be an issue. #1, we shouldn't be making an ad that says "Smoke pot! It's great!" We should present evidence that shows exactly what risks/benefits marijuana DOES possess. Also, the FCC doesn't govern communications worldwide. If we want donations from people in other countries, we'd want to air the commercials there as well.

13. I would want a lawyer writeup that says where the money is going to, 100% for commercial use. Make a huge website and start getting fungs. If you did it and did it right id throw you like 200 bucks, and im sure alot of other people would put money down.

14. Dupont? FUCK DUPONT.

plastic ass bitches (FUCK NASCAR TOO)

that would be pretty cool, just start up a donation.. maybe go to overgrow and see if they would want to join in too :)

it wouldn't really be PRO-Illegal Substance, just anti-anti

15. i would donate money if i new that the commercial would be played, the fcc and tv corporations would never let that ad run, ever, cause we live in such a christian run gov. it sucks.

16. i bet we could get away with running it on mtv hehe

17. Yeah, u wanna look at the reason why marijuana is illegal? It was done to take out DuPonts main competitor in textiles, Hemp. 1937 was the same yeah that DuPont patented their synthetic nylon process. This is also the same year as the marijuana tax act.

18. mtv will play it def.

Adding to the fuck yous

fuck carson daily, and that chinese bitch who does mtv news

19. you forgot bush, fuck him!

20. what does christianity have to do with it?

and i would definitely help out the cause. WRITE SOME LETTERS!!!!