could use some advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dayL8dollarshort, Mar 16, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

This is my first grow in my apartment and these plants are about 4 weeks from germination. My problem is my gf and I are looking to buy a house in the very near future. Obviously I wanted to let these veg as long as possible originally, but now time is of the essence. Do you think I should just force these into flower to try and get them harvested as soon as possible before we have to tell our landlord we’re moving (and they start showing our apartment) or would the yield be so small it’s not even worth it? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Yea with them that small you will not get much off of them. Cause u would still have a 8-12 week flowering time. Find a buddy/location to continue the grow while you move , best suggestion.

3. Do what I did, get your loan paperwork filled out and find a house you like and get the paperwork started.. figure out when you close on the new house and then tell your landlord.

• Like Like x 1
  4. What kind of time frame are we talking? It appears in the picture that the nodes are still adjacent to one another, once they start alternating then this is a sign of maturity, like puberty so to speak. While it's possible to flower now, some sog growers start go 12/12 from seed, I'd try to at least wait until maturity with so few plants.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

5. Try to keep them vegging until the end of april, and plant them outdoors and enjoy natures free electricity brotha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. We’re hoping to put in an offer on a house this weekend. Our lease ends in August so we do have some time if we wait as long as possible to tell the landlord but they usually start asking around may or June if we’re staying so they can show the place.

Unfortunately I am in an illegal state so I can stick it outdoors anywhere (especially since there is nothing but concrete outside..) but I also don’t really have any friends around here that I trust enough to put this in their place.

7. I would allow 9 weeks for flowering so based on that I would continue to veg for another month and that would be plenty of time to harvest and dry.

8. Alright I’ll give that a shot and hopefully it works out. Thank you sir

9. in 7/12 weeks depending on your strand if you start your 12/12 now . i love smaller plants like yours perfect size for me to start flowing . every set up is different . you should pull from 4/12 off them depending on your lighting . at the height there at now . lets say 8 ? nothing wrong with that

10. I think it's 4 plants you are talking about. Who gives a shit? If you have to toss them out, lesson learned.

Better than taking stupid chances trying to transport

11. He has until August, no sense in wasting them if it's not necessary.

12. Yep. And sometimes it's just best to cut your losses early and start over in a new spot.

In this cases, looks like dude will have the time to finish, harvest and dry.

13. Well you could just make fem seed from em so your next grow will be good to go.

14. I completely agree.

15. great idea there.

16. Another option that is more advanced but is what I did when I moved across country and didn't want to lose my genetics I spent years developing is tissue cultures. Basically I was able to carry over 12 lines with me in a in a small container. You can buy the kits online, it's how breeders are able to store genetics without keeping clones.

17. the the hell did he just say?

18. The seeds I started with are already feminized and I have more than enough seeds left to get my next grow started. I think I may just let them veg a few more weeks and then switch them to 12/12. From what you guys are saying it should be enough time

19. why would they toss them out ? flower them . and if in a legal state box them up follow the laws on transportation . always drive alone with plants . # 1 rule . stay legal .