Could Trump Defect?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by WildRoseToker, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Exactly. And Trump hasn't used the Army so what's the problem? If it gets to that point then I bet we all will think it's a good idea to bring in the troops. I don't think it'll happen but we're talking about possibles, not probables.

• Like Like x 2
  2. He wanted to, but even Esper grew some balls after Gen Miller Chairman of the JCS flat out said the military would not be used at peaceful protests.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  3. There's nothing illegal about wanting to. I don't think Trump would call in the Army to suppress peaceful protests anyway. That sounds a bit like paranoid thinking, similar to how some folks like Biden say Trump wouldn't relinquish the office if he lost the election. I doubt they really think that at all, I think they are simply misleading the easily fooled.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dang Ed, you're old enough to know that you can have an opinion, but you can not make up your own facts.

Trump wanted to deploy 10,000 troops in Washington D.C., official says

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump told his advisors at one point this past week he wanted 10,000 troops to deploy to the Washington D.C. area to halt civil unrest over the killing of a black man by Minneapolis police, according to a senior U.S. official.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I'm old enough to know better than to take the media's word for anything Trump related, especially when they quote an unnamed "senior US official." I'd have to read Trump's actual words. Discussion possible ways to quell a riot is a good thing.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Don't forget Trump's desire to use tanks. The man loves his tanks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I don't think I'm cheering anyone on. I don't know what happened and neither do you. I do know that facts are twisted when it comes to Trump and anonymous sources can't be trusted. What do you think of your man Biden saying Trump may not leave office if he loses the election? Do you consider that a real possibility?

8. I think there are many concerned about that.

I also think it was pretty evident that he expressed a desire to call up 10,000 active duty troops.
    Responses don't come from nothing.
    The JCS Chair and retired Generals are not anonymous sources.

• Like Like x 1
  9. yeh my .02 on this trump/military issue is simple. if our military rises up against trump, i stand with the military.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ..... Seattle

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thank you for your service! May God bless you and your family. Wish there was more the community would do to help out our great vets. My enlistment date was 9/11/08....7am HCSO KICKED in the front door for 4 pot plants... 12 years later my then high school best friend is now my wife and our 8 year old wouldn’t change the world. But damn if I went in those times :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. All done there. Successful recovery, peacefully.

13. This was funny!

Look! A Russian! Look, over there! A Russian!!! No, look, over there! A Russian!!!!! Quick, over there! A Russian!!!!!!
    Eyes open - Russians under the bed!!!!!
    Eyes closed - no more Russians.
    Eyes open - Russians in the closet!!!!!!
    Eyes open - Russians behind the refrigerator!!!!!!!!!
    TV on - Russians everywhere!!!!!!!!
    TV off - no more Russians.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Asian Russian teenage mutant grandma basement hackers!!!??

15. So a rapper named raz that is a self proclaimed warlord took over that part of Seattle..... can some one please put an arrow thru the back of his knee caps, then hog tie his head to the arrow with his dreads? I’m three thousand and half miles away my bow won’t reach! Harsh? Idc come at me keyboard warrior. I’m just making a point of how the hell does this happen in America and swat, SR guys, federal police, local police... F*** what about damn patriots,,, stand down do nothing....! It’s an open carry state! I’m sorry I’m going to bed thanks God Bless

16. I only did 4...........but TRUST ME, that was MORE than enough for me to learn, understand, and respect THIS.......

17. #38 Possuum, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    i did almost 8 yrs in a rifle company, fortunately the world was at relative peace and we never deployed. did basic and ait at fi. polk la, in the summer of '75 - beyond "hot and humid". all but one of the drill sgts were black as was half of my training platoon. the drill sgts were, seemingly to me, equality fair in dishing out very harsh discipline. they were hard dudes. myself and a black guy from NY City got into a fight. he lost and we were both in deep shit with the head ds, a black man. in my dressing down he asked me directly if i beat the guy up because he was black? i said, "no drill sgt. i heat him up because he was a loud mouth and he was in my face". Troy Williams spent one week in CCF for "disciplanary" reasons. i went on back to my training.

my entire ~8 yrs at ft. bragg never ever had one racial incident that i can recall. we trained together, we toiled together, we would often segregate when we chilled out but it wasnt by design it was more of a natural thing, probably more music oriented than anything else. but we always covered each other and we always got the job done no matter the color of or the ethnicity of the man wearing the stripes or bars.

my point? people of all races, cultural backrgrounds, different political beliefs, different religions, and differing world views can get along, share the same room, and bleed the same red blood when they have a greater purpose that they share versus than their own individual needs, and they choose to work together.

i did have one additional incident at ft polk following my kicking Troy's ass. it was late at night on a firing range. word was a group of 8 or 10 guys headed up by 'the man from chicago', the "ring leader", had a problem with me about Troy. when i heard about the whole deal i sought them out to see what the issue was, by myself, alone in the woods on a moonless night. same deal, "did you whoop that boy because he was black". nope. same answer as i gave the ds and the whole matter was dropped. they had the hardest time understanding why the ds sent Troy to CCF when it was a "white boy that beat up a black boy". the ds did what he thought was right. and he was. they did the right thing by letting it drop.

not every ailment in society is because of race. no, i think the bigger problem arises from lack of trying to get along, and people making it about race. i just know what worked for me when i was clearly a minority in a very disadvantaged and outnumbered situ. rational meeting of the minds is what worked.

18. I did eight years too including a short stint at Tiger Land in Ft Polk which was supposed to prepare us for the climate in SE Asia. I was there a few years ahead of you though. Interesting story, I've got a couple similar but won't go into them here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. #40 ChiefRunningPhist, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    The government IS the people. Its not the statues, or the buildings, or the tanks, it's the people. In America we decide what the hell we want, what we're going to value, we have a democracy. If the majority want change but are stifled by a minority which reluctantly hold onto power, who would the military be defending? At what point do you defend the constitution over obeying your orders? At what point does your allegiance fall from the authority? Is it when 51% of the country are rioting for change? At what point?

How many rights violations have we seen?

I just became aware of James Freeman this week, and he's got me thinking a bit about the libertarian side (not sure if that's the right terminology). Check out some of his vids if you're interested.