Could Trump Defect?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by WildRoseToker, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Once he figures out how boned he is is the really anything stoping him from say "Fly me to Russia so I can play golf with Putin." And just never coming back? If Putin agrees to this what are the downsides to him?

• Like Like x 1
  2. He already defected. Remember Helsinki?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. The Russian's wouldn't have him, he's too out of control.

But I bet the Russian hooker's union would be delighted to see him coming, there's soft money to be had for just pissing (golden shower) on him.

His best bet would be to head to Israel although I don't know how you'd go about circumcising a little mushroom dick.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. It’s amazing that anybody actually believes a word the POS says! It’s surreal we have a thin skinned, conman, who acts like a mob boss, as a president! He’s going to try to start a civil war after he loses the upcoming election, by claiming it’s rigged/phony and he didn’t really lose cause left fraudulently stuffed the ballot box . Then refuse to leave office! No other country would want him! Shit, the majority of this country doesn’t want him either!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. You guys never give up on the Russian angle despite the fact it's been debunked over and over. Get some perspective, your hatred has destroyed your good judgement. After being proved wrong in your predictions over and over since the last election you should get out of the prediction business, you're not good at it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Best president we could have right now, no need for him to go anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins again in November.

I'd vote Democrat, but sorry, Biden just doesn't make it. Give us a viable candidate to elect, not a basket case with dementia.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. Wait a minute, you just contradicted yourself.
    Trump acts like one with dementia.
    Biden has been speaking publicly lately and seems pretty much in control.

Don't fall for the patched together misinformation blitz.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. If you vote for anyone but me you ain't black... No No you're right, he definitely seems in control...lol

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. A bad joke does not define the man. Trump makes him look like an armature in that department.

But by all means let's unleash the active duty military.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Can you foresee any possible situation where the military would be needed?

11. An attempt to overthrow the government.

12. What if the people attempting to overthrow the government decided to loot neighborhoods instead?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nope, what indicates they are trying to overthrow the Federal government?

That's when Governors need to call in the National Guard and gear up the local cops.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Biden strikes me as weak and indecisive.

Trump is within his legal right to deploy active military to squelch civil unrest. He made a decision you don't like...that's life.

Giant Douche or Turd Sandwich, it's up to you.

15. On what authority does he have that right?
    Only Congress can grant an exception to the posse comitatus restrictions.

You need a source for your erroneous claim.
    (Even though shaky, I do like the fact that he mobilized about 250 to protect National Monuments in DC. The Guard had already received other priorities and this was forward acting).

• Like Like x 2
  16. The insurrection act of 1807. The act provides the "major exception" to the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, which limits the use of military personnel under federal command for law enforcement purposes within the United States.

17. I understand that, yet we are hardly at that point.

The Act empowers the U.S. president to call into service the U.S. Armed Forces and the National Guard:

• when requested by a state's legislature, or governor if the legislature cannot be convened, to address an insurrection against that state (§ 251),
    • to address an insurrection, in any state, which makes it impracticable to enforce the law (§ 252), or
    • to address an insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination or conspiracy, in any state, which results in the deprivation of Constitutionally-secured rights, and where the state is unable, fails, or refuses to protect said rights (§ 253).

• This article explains much better than I could, as to why it is such a slippery slope.

• :smoke:

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. And to add, as a former military man of 24 years of service and commitment to the Constitution and respect for our Nations Institutions, it goes against all our training.
    Call me a statist if you must.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. I agree 100% that it's a slippery slope. BUT... I think he could "legally" do it.

Believe it or not I appreciate your service. It's the reason we are openly talking about these subjects.

There's no need for name calling

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Too soon, not enough that States can't handle, easily.