Could this be mold starting?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by DeeplyROOTED87, Aug 16, 2017.

1. So on a couple of branches the hair look kinda brown and the rest are white? Does it look like mold to you? The pics are from the same plant. [​IMG] IMG_3608.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Looks like bud rot. :(

3. damn really??? this early in flowering??

4. Yea it looks like bud rot. Sorry man. What's your humidity at?

5. Outdoors

6. It's only a branch or 2. I'll cut them off

7. Caterpillars man. Are u spraying BT? Look for them. They're extremely tiny at first. Somewhat clear too. Bet theyre shitting on your nugs

8. There's no caterpillars that I can see. I spray with Neem Seed Meal. So that color on the hairs is only on the lower part of the plants.

9. What's the humidity of your outdoors?

10. Man I couldn't even tell u lol I think I was just watering too much.

11. The caterpillars start popping out at around this stage of growth. Rare to find them on your veg or preflower plant. They really tiny when they first hatch. Some are even clear and borderline invisible to naked eye when they first hatch. If you're spraying neem then that's probably killing them too. Try to carefully pull a nug without ripping it off and see if there's little brown shitballs in the stem right where the nug hugs it. If you don't see little shitballs then it might be caused by something else. Does late blight happen to marijuana? If it does then that could be it too. A lot of fungal diseases don't show till week 2-4 of flower or fruit production, hence the 'late' blight term. Common with tomatoes

12. I've grown all sorts of fruits and have dealt with it before but never on weed. Common without prevention in hotter climates

13. Neem should also fight that though. Strange.

14. Yea at first I thought it was the color of the Neem on it but the rest wasn't like it. Just the lower branches. I just cut them off just to be safe

15. Yeah brother, pretty much 99 % of the time I find little brown nugs if I dig them apart I'll find a fucking worm in there just chillin. I was a Neem only advocate for years and just took about a 5% loss as the price you pay for organic pest management. Last couple years I've been using BT-K and Spinosad with virtually zero loss-all organic and beneficial insect friendly too. Fucking worms come at the worst time when the shows really starting to get good! I alternate BT and spinosad about every ten days.

16. Thanks. Yea I've opened a lot of the buds I cut off and no signs of worm at all. I had a buddy of mine come over and look at. He first thought it was something in my soil but the plants look healthy as fuck. He was asking me what I did in the past couple of weeks and I really sat down and thought about it. We come to believe that It might be Neem burn. He said only the small buds down low got effected because all the water is going to the main colas. I kinda did make it extra strong. Didn't think I would burn it because I'm using Neem Seed Meal. That's what we've come up with. I'm hoping it that and not a fungus or something. I'll keep y'all posted. Here's what my girls look like now. Stacking nicely IMG_3619.JPG