could someone help me please? spanish translation

Discussion in 'General' started by highawatha, Mar 5, 2004.

1. my first problem is im spelling it wrong. not unusual for me, and normally not a problem. buuut since i cant spell it correctly im getting nowhere whith my semester of spanish in the 8th grade
    okay theres this really really old song
    an it goes somthing like (im spelling this the way it sounds i know its wrong.
    vio condious my darling,....
    vio condious my love....then the whole rest of the song.....
    anyhow someones been singing my gramma love songs,lol an she asked me what that part meant, now my gramma thinks my 8th grade class would have tought me the whole spanish language even had i paid attention ida not gotten much futher.....so if you can help that would be muy fantastico..okay i just made that up,but it sounded allright when i said it.....
    thanks for supporting higha's cuiousity about what her grams mans been singing to her.

2. vaya con dios means "go with god"

Now the hacienda's dark, the town is sleeping, Now the time has come to part, the time for weeping, Vaya Con Dios, my darling, May God be with you, my love.

Now the village mission bells are softly ringing, If you listen with your heart, you'll hear them singing. Now the time has come to part, the time for weeping, Vaya Con Dios, my darling, May God be with you, my love.

Wherever you may be, I'll be beside you, Although you're many million dreams away. Each night I 'll say a pray'r, a pray'r to guide you, To hasten every lonely hour of ev'ry lonely day.

Now the dawn is breaking through a gray tomorrow, But the memories we share are there to borrow. Vaya Con Dios, my darling, May God be with you, my love.

3. thank you shel,.........thanks soo much for your time. you made my day.
    i can now tell my grandmother what her pals been singing to her, that is soo sweet.
    peace

4. you're most welcome Higha, spanish is a hobbie of mine.

please say High to grandma for me..

5. Now I dont mean to sound insensetive, but do you think he saying go with god cause she's old?

6. its possible, i mean if you look at the last verse, it says
    "Now the dawn is breaking through a gray tomorrow, But the memories we share are there to borrow."

the dawn is breaking through a gray tomorrwow, that sounds pretty grim, like the future is not rosy and bright.

maybe he's prepping for death, who knows.

but, i really think its because he has to leave, so he's wishing her a good life and "be with god" meaning god will take care of her.

vaya con dios, mi amor.

Attached Files: