Could I make a second root system from a branch

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Greengrow456, Dec 18, 2016.

1. [​IMG] would this work? It would be really cool

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. yeah I guess it would work, but it would take alot more time than a clone to root, nope?

Also, why

• Like Like x 1
  3. then why not just a bigger pot?

I just don't get why, support for heavy colas maybe but otherwise... waste of time and also kills a whole branch's worth of light pannels

• Like Like x 1
  4. now I know I have seen this drawing before IMO I thought it was stoopid then , but now , its really stooopid

• Like Like x 1
  5. You haven't seen it I just drew it duh

6. Tomatoes do it all the time... But I think a better use of space would be more plants or a larger pot. I've had fan leaf stems sprout roots in a sloppily placed clone in an aero cloner. Your need to remove the xylem if my terminology is correct to exposed the Cambrium to get the roots where you want em.

To the people asking why you should really ask yourself why not

Sent from my SM-G903W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. One question: WHY??

• Like Like x 1
  8. Why not one set of roots in soil and one in coco or a bubbler ???
    draw that up

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not how it works but you're idea is really ...

10. Or you could grow dwc and have more roots than you know what to do with.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I seen a few vids where they transplant and burry the firts to branches and they start growing roots, im trying atm

12. Wow.. some of you are anything buthelpful or nice, in particular: dickle...

13. Lil dicky used to be the nicest person around he had a white picket fence home like in the movies a dog 3 children and a beautiful wife. One day Lil dicky had just dropped his kids off and was heading to work... You see dickie had to drive through a bad part of town to get to work and one day he ran out of gas.... You see dickie didn't know slang or anything and he walked up to a group of black guys and asked them if they knew where he could get some gas.... They passed him the joint and told him to hit it. He didn't want to but he felt as if he had no choice but oh boy after he hit the marijuana one time he abandoned his family quit his job and lives in the streets in disgust trolling grasscity on public computers.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Lmao. Proving my point but, at least, funny about it.

15. Aww poor dick

16. #19 pointswest, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    What you are suggesting is a propagation technique called "layering". The branch is pulled down and covered with soil. You have to leave the branch tip exposed and only cover a part of the stem or the buried tip will rot. This produces a new root system and a new plant. When the newly planted branch is fully rooted it is separated from the mother plant into a new plant ready for transplanting into the final container. This is not used to increase the root mass of the original plant, it is a propagation technique used to clone another plant. If you want more roots, get a bigger pot, this idea will not work for increasing root mass. The roots on the layered plant will support the new clone, not the original plant.

PW

• Like Like x 1
  17. #20 Siezed, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Not sure if it was mentioned but light is plant food, nutrients are vitamins, if you want more nutrients you add more nutrients, if you want bigger plants you add more light, I don't think this would add to plant mass at all except for the fact you're lsting the plant down which will grow more branches. If you want your plant to drink more for whatever reason just raise the temperature which usually lowers the humidity and makes plants drink like crazy.

In other words, I think this idea comes from a false belief that plants "eat" through their roots, and that plant nutrients are "food", because they don't and they aren't, photosynthesis creates sugar which is your plants food. I think the ones trolling know this but want to act like they just have a natural intuition that this wouldn't help, when in reality they just have been taught how plants work.