could I have started a conversation without being creepy?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Yummybud20, May 7, 2010.

1. okay so today I decided to go an apply for a cook position at a restaurant. I just got an application form and i'm going back tomorrow with my resume. I"m planning on quitting my driving job and getting a job that will help me make some friends or at least socialize with people (restaurant sounds good?).

anyways....... I parked my car in the underground parking lot and I noticed another car parking across from me.

when I got out of my car this girl got out of her car and I was getting things out of my car and putting on my jacket and I noticed she kept on looking at me.

then when I was walking away from my car she looked at me a couple times and she smiled at me once.

I didn't say anything and I didn't even smile back lol, i'm just shy with strangers so I just walked out of the parking lot saying nothing she also walked behind me and went into the restaurant.

I think she probably works there and maybe she just thought I was coming in to apply I don't know but I think I should have said something.

but what could I have said, Hi do you work here? might be kind of awkward.

i've had this happen a lot like I'll see a girl look at me or smile but its in a public place and she is a total stranger so I think its kind of weird to go and say hi or try and start a conversation.

2. U should of said, "WTF are you staring at bitch" but you say it with a smile!

3. she probably noticed you were high as fuck and had a chuckle

but honestly get that job, and get that girl, and smoke dat weed son!

^also asking if she worked there wouldnt be awkward. I find awkwardness only arises if you make it awkward in the first place. Just dont act like every little thing is so important,, there is a sea of fish you know

4. dude this happens to me too, i just kinda smile and hope they start it, if not i just kinda say fuck it cause i have no idea wtf to say.

5. fuck awkward thats exactly wat you should have said son.

6. You said she was walking behind you and even followed you into the restaurant:

"hey, if you are gonna be my stalker you could atleast tell me what your name is:D"

simple as that

7. Dude the key is don't invest too much emotion into the interaction. Just say fuck it I'm going for it, because you've really got nothing to lose by talking to her, and you say you don't know what to say, there's only one way to learn, practice.

8. good point. I always want to say somethign but I have social anxiety which i'm working on getting over.

I want to say somethign but then I freeze up and then its too late then later I think damn I could have said something.

I could have just said "hi, do you work here, i'm coming in to apply for the position"

or whateer to start talking.

she wasn't following me lol. the parking lot was for the restaurant, but I think seh worked there.

she kept on looking at me and smiled twice and I didn't even smile back lol.

if I random girl looks at you and smiles means she is interested in talking to you right?

lol maybe she liked my car I drive an old ass porsche (944) its nothing special but its not a common car.

9. maybe i'll see her tomorrow when I go hand in my resume.

I have no idea if i'll get the job here. its a position as a line cook at a big chain restaurant.

I only applied because i want to quit my driving job and get a job where I can make friends. my sister told me to apply at restaurants. lots of hot girls work in restaurants so its not a bad idea...

10. If someone looks at you, you should look at that person too. Unless you thought that person was looking at you negatively.

If someone smiles at you, you should smile back.

If someone says something to you, you should say something back.

Or not.

Doesn't matter. Look if you want to... smile if you feel like it... and say something if you have something to say.

Up to you.

You can't help it that you are good looking and attractive. You can't please EVERYONE.

11. Seriously, you're going from one bad thing to another

first you try to pick up chicks who work at stores you shop at.

now you want to try and pick up girls you WORK with?!

Never shit where you eat, kid.

As for talking to women... just remind yourself - there is nothing to lose. who cares if they don't respond in a nice way... if so, you'll never see the person again...oh well... just be friendly to people... no need to psyche yourself out.. its really not that important.

12. lol yeah I get what you mean about "don't shit where you eat"

but i don't think this applies to me. these jobs mean nothing to me they are not my future career. i'm planning on going ot lawschool in a year and will quit my jobs then anyways.

I can pretty much quit my jobs anytims I want and get another job so its not a big deal.

13. It doesn't matter if the job isn't going to be your career. You want to get fired for fraternizing with coworkers?

and good for you - must be nice to be able to get a job whenever you want :rolleyes: but good luck finding a decent job without a solid resume.

14. I don't know about you but at my last job I know a ton of people who started dating people from work.

a lot of people date people they meet from their work...........

15. today I went to hand in my resume, I just gave it to some girl at the door who works there........ she said the manager was busy.

anyways I saw that girl again when I was parking my car..... she looked at me again and I said hi do you work here and she said yes and smiled.

I didn't know what to say so I just said yeah i'm here to apply for the cook position.

and then when I was leaving I saw her again outside and she said see you later and I just said yeah bye and smiled.

i'm going ot phone and follow up on my resume later.

but seirously could I have done more, is she just being friend or does she seem interested in me?

I think she seems interested.

my ex girlfriend told me I was clueless to picking up signals from girls. she said that she would smile at me all the time and I said so? and she said girls only smile at you when they like you.

but then again she works at a restaurant she may just smile at everyone.

16. .... when they're teenagers.....

sure it happens as adults, but not usually.. and typically only in work environments where it would not interfere with the job.. and not between a boss and a subordinate or anything like that.

not to mention, dating in the workplace is just bad news all around. you have to deal with gossip from other coworkers, possible issues with managers because of the dating arrangement, and of course, if things go south - you're stuck working with this person.. and if you continue to try and approach them, you can get hit with a nice sexual harassment lawsuit.

17. QFT! I learned this the hard way . I dated my supervisor, and believe me if you date someone you work with and something goes wrong, you better believe they can make your life hell.

18. You could have fucked her right there, but that would constitute as rape, so you probably shouldn't do that.

Unless she jumps you first, then it's another story.

(I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying a bit of humour... which people always find offensive... I don't know why...)

19. ewww, the worst kind of porsche lol she obviously thought you were cute...I second what AlkaSeltzer said, don't date a co-worker that is above you in rank, its not fun when you break up.

20. yes, if a girl voluntarily smiles at you then she likes your appearance, which gives you a perfect opportunity to spit game and tease her, which then you couldve gotten her number, talked to her a little, and set up a date.