Could i build a completeley stealth speaker grow box

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Purpleface, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Im looking Into building a speaker grow box but would it be realistic to think I could make it light proof and fairly smell proof.

2. i think it could be done. how big is the speaker thow... thats the question

3. [quote name='"pinkbear"']i think it could be done. how big is the speaker thow... thats the question[/quote]

I Really just started thinking about this would I need it bigger than smaller too have enough space for bigger fans and ventilation? What size would y'all suggest?

4. holy crap dude you just gave me the best idea ever, i have 2 speakers 4 foot tall by about 1.5 foot wide im going to make a grow box for my 2 new seedlings witch are in a pc case atm but yeah ill make it and let you know how it goes. +rep for you simply awesome speaker box grow op :)

5. [quote name='"Luuke"']holy crap dude you just gave me the best idea ever, i have 2 speakers 4 foot tall by about 1.5 foot wide im going to make a grow box for my 2 new seedlings witch are in a pc case atm but yeah ill make it and let you know how it goes. +rep for you simply awesome speaker box grow op :)[/quote]

Glad to give some ideas. Do you guys think it would be at all possible to still have the speakers working? I mean speakers are already pretty empty inside but I would be a little worried about the internal heat.

6. I wouldn't recommend using them while you grow. Loud noises might be stressful on plants (especially since larger speakers can generate large bursts of air inside of them)

Cool idea, but just, use caution. You don't want your babies to get hurt in there.

7. just take the speaker out took mine out last night it left a perfect hole for intake and out take ill get onto it soon post some pics of the final product.

8. no u dont want it to work just look like it works lol

9. [quote name='"Luuke"']just take the speaker out took mine out last night it left a perfect hole for intake and out take ill get onto it soon post some pics of the final product.[/quote]

Looking forward to the pics. I was wondering if I could put the intake and output on the same side of the speaker?because a random fan on the bak isn't going to help with the stealth I'm going for.

10. Yeah you could put intake down the bottom and outtake at the top.

11. [quote name='"Luuke"']Yeah you could put intake down the bottom and outtake at the top.[/quote]

That's great to know and I'm going to go out in a couple of days to get my speaker. What's the lowest size I could go with? What size are your working with Luuke?(length width depth)

12. Hight is 32 inches high 15 inches across and 9 inches from front to back inside box heaps of room for vegging

13. Sounds similar to the dimensions I'm working with in my stealth grow. Best of luck!

14. Will work perfectly for vegging mate you will need a bigger box to flower unless you flower when the plant is 8 inches tall lol

15. Not very tall i would try find something at your local tip shop won't cost you any more than 10 bucks try the salvos or places like that so much cheap stuff bro

16. [quote name='"Luuke"']Will work perfectly for vegging mate you will need a bigger box to flower unless you flower when the plant is 8 inches tall lol[/quote]

O ha my bad I forgot to mention. I plan on cutting out that piece of wood in the middle and have it standing tallest side up.

17. ahhhh kk sweet well yeah that would work :D pretty expensive though when you could get something second hand for half the price lol i have not spend over 50.

18. [quote name='"Luuke"']ahhhh kk sweet well yeah that would work :D pretty expensive though when you could get something second hand for half the price lol i have not spend over 50.[/quote]

I know what you mean iv been looking on eBay and craigslists but the shipping alone on these speakers tend to be around $30. Is a tip shop a pawn shop or something? I'm not familiar with that term.

19. Oh you in usa so im not sure its like a second hand store full of peoples rubbish lol