Could be getting fucked on a lease

Discussion in 'General' started by NotDaCookies, Dec 6, 2011.

1. So I'm moving closer to my college so that I can just take the bus to school/work. My roommate is an old friend of mine and his current roomie isn't working out because he's from Nigeria or something. This friend of mine has always been pretty chill we used to hang out everyday until about a year ago.

I've got more than enough saved up to pay off the lease in full if I wanted to. My only concern is that right after the day I'm set to sign the lease my friend will be going back home for 3 weeks for Christmas break (1200 miles away). This brings up the issue of...what if he never comes back? I've trusted this dude with a lot before we've loaned each other $100+ and neither of us have been late on payment.

How should I proceed with this and what measures can I take to prevent this. Worst case scenario what could I do legally? I doubt this would all happen as my friend often likes to talk about how he's one of the few black guys with a perfect credit history.

2. What happened to WhereRDaCookies? Did he get banned or somethin'?

3. Yes, It appears he was banned.

4. I thought I read

"Could be getting fucked on a leash"

I almost decided to never come back to this website again.

5. That almost made you never come back? Shit i've seen worse. Try pandora's box sometime.

Anyone got some help to ma thread yo?