Could anyone reccommend me a good book?

Discussion in 'General' started by InferiorZone, Feb 11, 2009.

1. I'm into fantasy, political, or just a good scary book.
    I'm not a big fan of murder mysterys.
    I'm about to hit the library and my friend was telling me about this book called
    Mr. Be gone, where apparently this devil talks directly to you from the book. It sounds very interesting but when i looked up the reviews, people were talking negatively.
    I may or may not give it a shot, i'm not sure yet.

So have you read anything good lately?

2. ninety eighty-four by george orwell?

3. If you like fantasy, have you read the His Dark Materials trilogy (The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass).

Great story with atheist/agnostic overtones.

4. Sorry, i'm afraid i've read that one.

5. I looked that one up, and it looks like it's something that would interest me.
    Thanks. :D

6. Hagakure

7. if you want a quick read, but something that you cant put down, get anything by kevin brooks. easily read in a day...but not if you dont want to. candy was my favourite. road of the dead was good. and so was martyn pig. /shrugs/ idk though...martyn pig is kind of a murder mystery...but its a fucking sweet one. there situations in kevin brooks' books [lol] are so dramatic and...fulfilling. hah

8. I agree good books.

Political go with Angler: A Cheney Vice Presidency, great insight to how he influenced everything and it's not biased either.

9. I highly recommend checking this one out.

[​IMG]

It was a great movie, and an even better book.

You wont be disappointed.

10. something by bret easton ellis- american psycho, less than zero, rules of attraction

11. "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky.

12. Dean Koontz and Richard Laymon are good Horror story writers...

13. As far as fantasy goes Terry Brooks is my favorite author. Check out any of his stuff

A book I've read every October since I was about 10 years old is Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. Classic dark literature that NEVER gets old. It's a pretty simple read, but there's a lot to think about while reading it. I can highly recommend that one.

If you want something a bit brooding and depressing to go with the winter chills then Salinger never disappoints. The Catcher in the Rye is my favorite book of his, but most of his stuff is kinda out there

14. mother night
    by kurt vonnegut
    <3

15. Great book :D
    Vonnegut was a great man

16. Marihuana Reconsidered

by Lester Grinspoon

17. I just finished Dirk Gently's holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams, it was great. same guy who wrote the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

18. Harry Pothead or maybe the Eragon serious.