Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coughing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Apartment, May 11, 2011.

1. Ever since I started smoking I've been coughing a lot.

Any way to help ease this or completely stop it. (Beside quitting smoking)

2. Keep a glass of water nearby, and make sure your doing it right.

You don't have to kill yourself with every hit either, take more shorter puffs if you got to. I'd say make sure you are inhaling right to begin with, on second thought...if your coughing your probably doing it right.

I never have really coughed. It's a mind game.

3. I mean coughing after I'm done smoking.

4. If you're referring to smoking dope, it's normal. Like Cudder said, stay hydrated. Drink some water before, during and after your session.

5. you will slowly stop you get used to it.
    For example a year ago I couldnèt toke a bong without coughing like a madman, now I can clear a huge bong easy

6. Yeah when I smoke keef Ill cough for like an hour after Im done smoking. Its not like hardcore coughing but a slight tickle feeling that makes me cough just a little every 5min or so.
    So yeah if your smoking some DANK then that could be it.

7. Well, I really don't know. The best thing I could say is water to clear your throat and cool it off. Coughing is a human reaction, yes you can control it, but your body still wants to do it. Try suppressing your coughs, you might cough for a while longer, buyt maybe you will build a tolerance?

IRDK:confused:

8. #8 Braddock, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Same here. It's a mix between having no tolerance, not enough hydration, and dank weed that causes that after cough.

9. It'll get better as you smoke more. At some point someone is going to say "Yo bro, coughing gets you higher, bro." Don't believe them, it's not true.

10. Its from pineapple express lol

11. water and vape helps

12. #12 IshikawasBeard, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    as everyone else said have a drink on deck when smoking. as your relationship with sweet lady mary jane progresses youll cough less

13. Not talking helps me.