Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coughing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by wyget, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Is it true that coughing makes you higher?

2. Only if you're coughing from taking a huge hit and not coughing just because you want to get higher.

Coughing usually implies you took a hit way too big for you so you had to cough it out of your lungs.

3. if it was up to me i wouldnt cough. i try to take the biggest hits i can and so i dont have to cough. when my friends start coughing we all make fun of each other and go OH YOUR A PUSSY. and shit like that. its funny. i dont think coughing will get you high but it only makes you look bad. lol. idk i try not to. :smoking:

4. dunno if it gets you higher but if you really have to cough dont just push down the urge its unhealthy.... this applies more to when you are alone than with friends tho cause i agree if im with someone and they start coughing after a tiny ass hit.... thats just weak

5. dont cough, if youre alone youre probably inside or somewhere you may easily get caught so dont attract attention to yourself, coughing would let out the smoke and that means you cant hold it in to get more thc, it wouldnt matter much but maybe a little bit

6. lmfao yes a tiny ass hit... thats just weak. well its true. i mean if your smoking with your buds and you take the biggest fucking rip around and you start coughing then thats fine just because you went all out. but if you cough over a hit outta a joint then...yeah weak lol

7. nah when i'm by myself then i take the biggest hit i can and then hold it in for as long as i can.... usually so that i end up not blowing out any smoke.... definately dont cough while you have smoke in your lungs i'm talking about afterward

8. No im pretty sure it doesnt get you higher...
    but maybe it does if you take a HUGE hit

9. coughing pretty much alerts you that you have taken a huge hits and that increases you heart beat trying to keep up with the impact and your blood is being pumped faster..from experience i can say that times when i cough which is rarely..i get really really smashed..but it doesn't last long

10. That's pointless unless you are doing it for nostalgia reasons.. doubt it. It decreases oxygen flow to the brain, which can cause a high feeling. That is due to your dying brain cells... Um, but coughing is not a bad thing. It does not increase your marijuana high, but it may speed up it do to the opening of capillaries that allow more smoke to be inhaled.