Coughing up resin?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Jay Dee, Jan 15, 2010.

1. I agree with tomshark, great first post. This makes a lot of sense, hopefully by quitting cigs my cillia grow back quickly. Seeing all that crap coming out of my lungs kinda scares me.

2. The weirdest black shit that has come out of me wasn't related to this I don't smoke often enough for this shit that is happening to you guys to happen to me.

All that has happened to me was black snot but that was after being in a room full of people using charcoal all day.

3. idk this shit never happen to me and i smoked for about 4 years 2 years daily, and i smoke dank and regz

4. Guess everyone is different. I've smoked over half my life and, in the last four years, everyday but this has definitely never happened to me. Even when I was heavy into cigs.

5. b/c thats some weak sauce...

but about you hacking up shit, i have found that it really has to do with when the last time you smoke is. Do u generally smoke at night or before going to sleep? This could be part of it. But like others have said, dont smoke cigs and i wouldn't worry too much. Maybe cut back a ittle on how much you bong rip. Try getting a vape for smoking most of the time, but just take snaps to the dome whenever you feel like it... That'll lessen the load on you lungs for sure, and who knows, you may even conserve bud while keeping your tubes clean.

6. That's only weak sauce when you build your tolerance way too high or your weed isn't dank enough.

7. trust me dude, my ganja is of plenty quality. But to me even if your tolerance is super low, a solid bowl is at least a .2. And i prefer to smoke more then once a day....:wave:

8. I'd like to see your bowl:smoke:

Hehe

I understand it when people can afford it. I can afford 40 every couple of weeks so I usually go in on larger amounts and get a gram or two more.

9. props on the info WIckeDDumbFLOwS, guess i should quit smoking for a weebit ........ guess its time to make a big batch of brownies for a week or two lol

10. That's what my friend said he gets... stop smoking if you don't want to cough up black shit... otherwise keep gettin high

11. it happens to everybody. usually from unfiltered smoke. its pretty much just tar, the same tar that clogs up your bowls and pipes.
    when i had a steamroller. id hit it alot, and id cough up some nasty stuff. i eventually ditched the steamroller, it was a cheap one anywheres. lol.

if i were you, id look for downstem thats diffused.

12. put a sheet of toilet paper between your lips and your smoking device and youll see why you have black shit in your lungs. It happens to me all the time, just dont let it bother you or quit for a while. btw it has nothing to do with the quality of the bud. plant material is plant material youre not going to get less carcinogens from one type over another. your smoking device will influence this greatly though.

13. you're body just doing what is supposed to. Needs to get that tar out and coughing is the only way. I find it soothing that I'm getting rid of that black shit. Not the coughing part. :D Also quit smoking resin and cigs.

14. Put a tissue between your bong and mouth - so you are pulling the smoke through the tissue. Check out the amount of tar that collects. I was shocked. I'm getting a carbon filter straight away!

• Agree Agree x 1

15. man it has nothing to do with the type of weed you smoke. i usually smoke on dank weeds, and im still coughing shit up i cough up this brownish/blackish lil pieces of res in my spit i do smoke quite a bit and my bong isn't perc'd or anything like that, its just from smoking to much and when you do cough that shit up its a good thing man because at least it is clearing your lungs and not sticking there building up for years and years :hello::smoke::smoke::smoke:

16. try smoking dank so you smoke less.. also get in the steam shower really clear things out `

17. lung cookies

18. When you are coughing up the black shit, cough hard and deep.

It's your lungs cleaning itself, you should be happy.

19. yeah i do this as well. Smoke bongs pretty much exclusively. Better out then i figure, and i notice if i smoke a cigarette i wont cough anything up but if i smoke weed then a cigarette ill cough MORE up then usual. I see it as a positive, the thc is dialiting your bronchioli and getting all that nasty shit OUT instead of IN, hence why us pot smokers cough up black/brown/green shit and cigarette smokers dont cough out any until after ther spewing blood