Coughing Up Blood from Smoking?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ska, Sep 12, 2011.

1. The day after I smoke weed, I wake up with small amounts of blood in my throat and nose, and a semi-large amount of mucus. This has been happening for a while, and it's only if I smoke the night before...

Pretty sure all the bloods from my nose because I don't literally "cough" it up, but it comes from my throat. This happen to anybody else?

My nose is also dry as fuck in the morning.

2. When i get so high my nose feel's like it has cotton mouth yeah i find blood in the morning. But it was just because i had a nose bleed. I think you're fine big guy...

3. #4 Simmerten, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2011
    No hasn't happened to me. Probably not good. You should see the doctor. Maybe you allergic to smoke, or you have sensitive lungs.

Does it hurt when you smoke? Take a t break or start vaping to see if it goes away.

4. Lol I'm pretty positive it's not that.

No it doesn't hurt at all, and I do vape, and I just got off of a 4 week t break. Going to the doctor tomorrow or Wednesday anyway. I don't think the bloods coming from my lungs, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

5. i've been smoking daily for +3 years and I don't even cough up discolored phlegm...you may want to see a doctor

Do you smoke cigs?

6. you have aids. i'm sorry.

7. 1-2 a day, haven't in 4-5 days... this sorta started after I quit cigs too I suppose.

I also sleep with a fan blowing on me, may contribute to dryness.

8. Do you exhale out of your nose?

9. You got me worried for a bit there, man. That sounded like some real serious shit.

But listen, I got a mild bleeding sickness which does so I bleed a lot of nose blood. That combined with my dry ass nose isn't good. But it's nothing to stress about. It happens to me from time to time as well.

Here's what you should do, you should pick up some sesame oil from the pharmacy. It works so well! You won't start bleeding AND your nose will be good and moist. Seriously, trust me on this, do it. ;) You get sesame oil in nose squirting thingies.

10. Nope.

11. hmm

maybe you have some sort of lung infection...i'd just stay off the cigs and see what happens from there.

If you continue to cough up blood i would seriously consider seeing a doctor though

12. Already seeing one tomorrow or Wednesday.

13. Dude, trust me, pick some sesame oil up from the pharmacy. If it doesn't work wonders for you I will buy you an ounce of dank bud! I promise you, this is the solution. I feel like I'm nagging, but for real, it WILL WORK.

14. I believe you, I'm picking up a bottle today!

Jezus Chris

15. I can't see it being weed related atall, defo seek medical advice from your doctor, just to make sure your fine and you don't have to worry what it might be..

16. Aight, sweet! Let me know how it goes, but I'm 99% sure it will work tho. ;)

17. you have some weak ass nostrils. when you turn your head in sleep, your nose hits the pillow and you get hairline cracks in your nostril...that's my theory :D

18. [quote name='"Ska"']The day after I smoke weed, I wake up with small amounts of blood in my throat and nose, and a semi-large amount of mucus. This has been happening for a while, and it's only if I smoke the night before...

Pretty sure all the bloods from my nose because I don't literally "cough" it up, but it comes from my throat. This happen to anybody else?

My nose is also dry as fuck in the morning.[/quote]

do you smoke cigs? Cigs can def make you cough up mucous and blood. It did to me lol.
    If your nose is really dry that could be why you have blood, if your nose is dry it can crack the tiny blood vessels in there. Try putting some vaseline (only a tiny bit) to keep your nose from drying out. I used to live in a dry climate and got nosebleeds and that fixed it.
    otherwise I don't know what it could be
    And if you do smoke. Couging up blood can be a sign of an infection. I cough blood and blow it out my nose when I have bronchitis/sinus infections.

19. Scheduled an appointment for 9:15 tomorrow.