Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coughing easily?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by love2trip, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Hey blades,
    I have a question regarding coughing, but firstly let me tell you i have been smoking since i was 16 (am now 19) and for the past 2 years i have been an habuitual user(smoke every day). So the thing is i have obviously noticed a huge increase in tolerance in how much i need to smoke to get high, the thing is i still cough very easily, like im talking less than average. This is annoying as coughing alot makes me look inexperienced, makes it hard for me to smoke stealthy, makes my smoking experience less enjoyable as i cannot take huge rips without coughing my ass off. Anyone got any idea how i could increase my coughing threshold? I'm guessing that coughing is genetic or something because i look at hashbean taking a rip and i cant even suck in air for as long as he can with bud, so im assuming lung size may be a factor in this too.

2. yeah. people are different and its chill
    but if this is happening to u nowadays, get it checked out. mght be something wrong wit ur lungs. lets hope its nothing serious dude

best of luck bro

3. I think you just have sensitive lungs...i've been smoking for about the same amount of time as you and i am a habitual everyday smoking person as well and i still cough more than most of my friends but there's nothing I can do about it.

4. Yea man, thats exactly how it is

5. BUMP I also cough alot even though I don't think I should

6. Ive been smoking for years now and I am the exact same way, most of my relatives smoke but my individual family ie.. my mom dad and brothers never ever smoked, never had to be around smoke my entire life, so yeah I know what you mean, I take huge bong rips but I still cough like the first day.

I have to admit though Im better at holding the coughs and shit, sometimes Ill throw a heavy minty cough drop in my mouth while i take my hits on my bong and that helps a lot, or maybe Im just really high and I think it helps..

7. I cough regularly when I smoke. Though there are several ways to deal with it.

I only cough because i smoke Kool filter kings, when i don't smoke for as little as five or six hours and then smoke cannabis, I don't cough at all. Naturally enough I find myself addicted to nicotine, therefore I cough when I smoke (I am allergic to tobacco and probably several additives in cigarettes, it doesn't help).

I do not however have asthma, merely allergins that cause my airways to constrict subtly (my lung capacity as of two weeks ago at my doctors office, is 95% that of a healthy non-smoker my age) and yet I see such an amazing difference between smoking tobacco and cannabis vs. just cannabis.

You people who have "sensitive lungs" should consider that you may just be allergic to tobacco or something else, and with the proper treatments, you can get your nicotine fix and smoke weed.

ps. claratin is the best over the counter drug for allergies aside from anything with pseudophedrine in it. albuteral sulfate(inhaler) is great if you can get a prescription for it.

p.p.s. prescription claratin-D dissolvable tablets is the absolute best for allergies, if anyone was curious.
    peace\/

8. smoke less, your cough will lessen.

9. Smoke makes you cough, pretty simple
    More smoke is gonna put more tar and shit into your lungs, which is gonna clog up your lungs more, which is gonna make you cough more

10. I'm not saying you should, but smoking cigarettes helps with this.

11. No...no it doesn't...How can more smoke in your lungs possibly help

12. Dank weed always makes me cough, seedy bud never does this. Although, my lungs haven't decreased, I think they have improved. If you take small rips of dank you'll get over it instead of trying to take one huge ass rip and clear the bowl/bong. Just relax with it. As for building your lungs, I recommend swimming. I go to an indoor swimming facility, and its awesome. My apartment complex also has a workout gym and that helps a lot too. Even going to saunas help alot. Marijuana is a broncho-dilator, it can help your lungs. If you can't take it anymore, buy a vape. They are amazing.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/552405

13. Well according to James Franco in pineapple express, coughing gets you higher LOL

14. do you smoke cigs?Cause if you do then that def gives you a cough every once in a while thats what it does to me. Also even if you do smoke everyday it doesnt lower your tolerance a considerable. Enjoy coughing though it gets you higher.:hello:

15. try holding it in a little less or less time and blowing it out really quickly!! helps me!!:hello:

16. I don't know what makes people cough or not but you shouldn't be embarrassed by it. I like coughin when I smoke coes it usually makes me way higher.

17. Well you dont get off untill you cough!

18. I don't seem to cough at all anymore actually. Maybe off a monster rip from a huge bog or something. But hey coughing gets you higher! And it is difenatly no looked down upon:smoking:

19. Cigarettes definitely hurt your lungs and make you cough much more, i know a few of my friends who dont smoke cigarettes, and theyre the ones with the lungs of steel that can cream a two footer and clear it out in one huge hit. I used to be like that but constantly smoking cigarettes damaged my lungs so bad, now i cough all the time and cannot take bigger hits.

20. "Coughing's good! It opens up the capillaries. You know, when you cough you're pulling in air, or in this case - smoke, into parts of the lungs that don't normally get used. So, coughing's good, it gets you higher."-Melanie Ralston