Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coughing, asthma, and weed.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ammolite, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

I just started smoking last Wednesday, and have been toking a few times daily since.

I am a little worried secretly, though, as I have asthma and I've picked up a cough from it. It's not too bad, I'm not unable to breathe, or anywhere near where I get when I'm sick (I never usually have daily asthma problems, and pride myself in not even requiring asthma medication unless I just got over a cold/flu/etc.), but I'll have coughing fits nowadays, especially when the effects are wearing off.

I know marijuana is a bronchodialator, so it shouldn't cause me a problem, and I often find it helps me breathe better when my cough's acting up.

I guess I just need validation that this'll pass, or that it's not life-threatening, and I'm not ruining my body. I'm a worry-wort. I wonder if this is just some sort of beginner's affectation or something?

2. You should get a vaporizer.

Doctor's will prescribe people MMJ for asthma.

3. i dont have asthma but i do have allergies pretty bad, and when i smoke with allergies i get plugged up and cough a lot so take that into mind too. it may just be allergies and have nothing to do with asthma

4. I have a lot of allergies, too...but I haven't really had any nosebleeds recently, like I do when my allergies are bad. Also, I can blow my nose pretty well (better than usual). My ear hurts a little but that happens from time to time.

I hope I'm not causing allergies now. Haha

5. Shit on 420 my sister came home with her friend, and they both smoked a bowl, well her friend packed the bowl a little to big, so she smokes it, and immediately starts coughing and sounding like she was having an asthma attack, I laughed my ass off (Im allowed to, I used to get them all the time).

6. #6 Ammolite, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
    Haha

You think that's bad...I almost always have to go back to clear the chamber of a like...8" mini bong.

7. Absolutely this.

8. I have asthma too. When I first started smoking I got a cough, but it went away within a week or two. I went to the doctor a little while ago because I'd had a cough for four weeks and he told me that they don't usually do anything until six weeks, and to come back then. So if you've just had this cough since last Wednesday I wouldn't worry too much ;)

However, if you still fear for your lungs, the best thing would be to vape it or eat it.

9. I refuse to clear chambers, I get the person to do it, I dont care.

10. I have asthma. Started smoking last Oct and had zero problems with my asthma. that was one of the main reasons it took me so long to start. Only time I cant breath is a big hit but it goes away quickly. Just keep the inhaler close by just in case.

11. Same things been happening to me. I haven't smoked in two weeks. I think its because I've been smoking cigarettes :eek: