Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coughing..alot.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MustangMatt, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Well guys, I guess you can have to much of a good thing...obviously...I smoked about a half, the night before and I'm still coughing stuff up. I used a bong. For now I'm on a break until after its cleared up for a few days..any idea how long it will take? I normally hold hits in about 10 or more seconds. Also, I'm coughing up a lot of things, filled a few cups up, it isn't normal coughing. So any guess as to when I'll stop feeling like crap ? Thanks..

2. There is no need to hold your hits for that long. 5 seconds is perfectly sufficient. As for the stuff you are coughing up, that could be the starts of a chest infection etc. I'd not smoke for about a week or so, and feel how you feel.

3. Should clear up in about a week. I personally think holding each hit in for 10 seconds is a bit excessive, especially if you smoked a whole half in one night.....just can't be good for your lungs.

4. Yeah mate. Probably clear up after a week or so. Lay off on the cigs aswell. Init

5. Thanks guys, I'm obviously a bit new, and took more than I could handle...I've been drinking a lot of fluids like green tea, but I can't seem to stomach an appetite.(lost a few pounds) Not much blood when coughing, but I think the little that's there is from how sore my throat is. Also, will edibles help me ease through this? It's very painful, due to my mild asthma.(so mild I don't "need" an inhaler, just a "breathe machine" sometimes about once or twice a year.)

Also, I've never smoked tobacco.

Thanks for the quick responses guys(and gals) the members on this forum reply FAST.

6. Make sure you drink some good english tea. It'll sort you right out.

7. If your coughing blood, id advise you to maybe get that checked out (not in anyway saying its to do with the weed though). I have had bad chest infections before, I remember coughing up green and even black stuff before, but never blood.

8. Go to a doctor. Don´t ask a forum.

9. [quote name='"Hef"']
    Go to a doctor. Don´t ask a forum.[/quote]

Yeah I'm planning on it...at least if it doesn't get better. Will they know it's from weed? I mean you can't tell what someone smokes, so I could say its from cigs right?

10. You CAN TELL YOUR DOCTOR you are SMOKING WEED.
    You can not get it trouble.
    The doctor can NOT tell anyone.

11. #11 p00nd, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
    yeaaah scooby![​IMG] good boy

12. Could be a problem if he is below 18 or whatever it beside him? Parents will get informed id imagine. Cops definitely WILL NOT get informed whether you are 8 or 88.

13. Dont listen to scooby doo he's lying, he's just a dog!

14. [quote name='"5cooby Doo"']

You CAN TELL YOUR DOCTOR you are SMOKING WEED.
    The doctor can NOT tell anyone.[/quote]

I love you. I used to be so scared.

15. Until I found out that confidentiality thing. Good putting this up so noob smokers can know.

16. I mean you could, but all they're going to say is stop smoking. I've heard of people straight up telling their doctors they smoke weed...I mean it's not like they could really get you in trouble for it, it's just a bit awkward to admit to a doctor...at least for me. I'd just stop smoking for about a week, drink plenty of water and tea, and if it doesn't begin to improve or gets worse, I'd give your doctor a call.

17. yeah, but if you tell your DR that, isnt it true that youll probably never get "unmentionables" ever again, even if you get hurt?

i thought once you tell them you use an illegal drug, its game over. and if you break ur foot, tough luck because they wont prescribe you anything good that is abuseable?

18. [quote name='"5cooby Doo"']

You CAN TELL YOUR DOCTOR you are SMOKING WEED.
    The doctor can NOT tell anyone.[/quote]

Oh yeah I forgot about confidentiality laws.....

The main problem is that I just moved out(I'm 18 and my parents still pay for my health insurance(nice folks), so I'm pretty sure they would have to know...and then I'm screwed...I haven't coughed much in the last hour so I'm hoping things are getting better. Probably going to try and make a few edibles to help with the pain.
    That way I can still use my stuff and not have to irritate my lungs any worse. I've also decides to get some omega 3 and take a few weeks off of smoking. Will using a vaporizer still cause irritation, or was it the amount I smoked, not the method?

19. Doctors =/= Police. Docs have a professional obligation to hold everything secret even to authorities. So telling your doc that you smoke weed should be no problem.

20. Take some mucus x or watever its called with the fat lil green boggers. It clears up it chest in like 2 days work great get the one that's the most not the cheap one. And if ur throwing up blood. Well should have been at the doctor long time ago like the first time u saw it.come out.ur mouth. Goodluck bro ull be fine just get it fixed.