Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cough

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by o Smoke, Jan 11, 2012.

1. My girl coughs all the time when were smoking, even smaller hits she can go on a coughing fit sometimes. Anyone know anybody like this?

2. know this guy that coughs like hes about to pop a lung whenever he takes a hit, sometimes I actually get kind of worried lol

3. Coughing is a natural reflex, I will be worried the day I don't cough while smoking

4. May just be the way she's smoking, but it's true that you'll never really stop coughing. Every now and then I can still take a hit that leaves me in a fit for the next few minutes.

5. This may sound weird but it worked for me and my friend. If u force yourself not to cough u will eventually get to the point that nothing makes u cough. My friend has taken monster bong rips and has never coughed in the 6 months I had been smoking with him almost every night. Plus she might be inhaling the smoke weird and that makes her cough if the smallest hits make her cough

6. You ain't smokin' unless you're chokin'.

7. lol that doesn't make any sense. I smoke all the time and don't choke often at all.

8. I know that people will always be coughing but she does it all the time.. its annoying lol

9. it's just a saying man...not meant to be taken literally

10. [quote name='"Dr fumbles"']This may sound weird but it worked for me and my friend. If u force yourself not to cough u will eventually get to the point that nothing makes u cough. My friend has taken monster bong rips and has never coughed in the 6 months I had been smoking with him almost every night. Plus she might be inhaling the smoke weird and that makes her cough if the smallest hits make her cough[/quote]

This.

I used to cough my lungs out. I started forcing myself to not cough. Even though I felt the terrible urge to cough I tried holding it back or coughing as little as I can and now I barely ever cough. It'll feel uncomfortable, but eventually she'll get used to it.

11. This is true, you shouldn't start coughing at the slightest discomfort in your lungs, which is probably what OP's girlfriend is doing.

Also, I totally understand that it's annoying. I've got a friend that busts a lung every time he hits the bong and it's so loud you can hear it all around the house.

12. She stays trippin:confused_2:

13. Make sure she is inhaling right. I don't know how to explain it. But if I inhale weird Every now and then I have to cough a little