Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cottonmouth and throat closing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LivinFly, May 12, 2011.

1. Yo, why do I get such bad cottonmouth? Makes it hard to speak and my throat feels closed

2. The worse weed will give you worse cotton mouth. Just smoke some good dank and keep an arizonia tea with ya at all times

3. Drink lots of fluid, not coke or shit. Iced Tea, gatorade, vitamin water, stuff like that.

4. Yeah, I was thinking that. Thanks.

5. drink a lot of water before, during, and after a smoke.

Also, it sounds like you're newer to toking? Your first month or so is really a bitch. I remember it would take me a good 30 seconds to catch my breath and another 30 just so I could feel "normal" again.

6. Man, I get some maaaaaaaajor cottonmouth. And my guy gets mad 'cus I don't want to do anything, but I mean... I can't. >.> My mouth is literally bone dry. It sucks. I end up chugging a ton of water, only to be thirsty again in three minutes. hah

7. Naa, I've been chiefing a lil over 5 years. I think I'm allergic or something. It's weird

8. #8 LivinFly, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yea I feel you. The water doesn't help me for long

9. Doesn't it suck? :/ Doesn't matter how much water, milk, soda, whatever... doesn't help it at all. I just sit there opening and closing my mouth. hah

10. it may be the weed...i had some mids last week i drunk a bottle of water before and after i smoked my mouth was sooo dry...smoke dank

11. A shit ton of water, you just kinda have to keep drinking it the whole time to help.

12. well for one thing I am sure you are not properly hydrated to begin with, so there is the start to the problem. What you need to be drinking is 8 glasses of water a day minimum. That way you are balanced to begin with. Secondly.....tea, soda, milk-dairy, cigarettes, alcohol etc.....only serve to dehydrate you and you should drink more water to offset that as well.
    After you do this, you probably will get better with the CM. You can also try chewing gum.
    Some weed no matter what gives me CM as well and I hate it. I am a properly hydrated person and it still happens. Something about the smoke and killing the stimilus to the saliva glands?
    :wave:

13. Do you breath correctly?

Inhale from nose and exhale from mouth?

If you do, the process itself creates moisture in your mouth so you wont have a dry mouth.

14. Gum couldn't hurt.