cotton for hydro?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by overgrowray, Apr 4, 2002.

1. i was talking to a friend and he was trying to think of new hydo setups. he was wandering if you could start clones or even seeds in a pot full of cotton balls?

2. thanks for the fast reply :)

3. the cotton works great, The only thing that you have to remember is that it has to be perfume free. Some brands have aloe and stuff added. not to many that i have found but they are out there, so i would check the package.

4. I used that pillow stuffing stuff.(lol stuffing stuff) It happened to be in the house at the time, so i used it to keep any of the smaller particles from washing out of my hydro buckets. A small layer on the bottom of the pot and up the sides, enough to cover the drainage holes. It works well the roots have grown right through it and it keeps the water clean.
    when i started my hydro grow i had shit floatin all over inside the water, so i tried it and it worked.

5. thats cool, thanks alot dude. i guess thats what i'll use to clone in then.