Cosmic Super Shredder (the funky one)

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by stesh, Jan 21, 2014.

1. So I've been doing heavy shopping for a grinder and came across a different cosmic grinder that I wonder if anybody on the forum has tried, its called the super shredder. http://www.cosmicdirect.com/     Its the first grinder that comes up on the home screen. What im curious about is if the design of the teeth and hole are actually efficient and work better than a regular grinder. Opinions from owners or people who have used this grinder would be much appreciated

2. over priced.

3. #3 DownTheCross, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    I've got a regular cosmic case and it's definitely worth the $65 I paid for it. Feels more solid than a santa cruz, the teeth are kind of a hybrid between sharpstone-ish and the santa cruz design. Grinds the herb really well, nice fluffy consistency, easy to grip and turn. They absolutely make some seriously quality grinders from what I can tell. Allegedly they are a splinter company from space case and their standard design is the original space case design.

4. I can def see the build similarity to space case, I wanted to see if the design was a marketing gimmick or if it was actually a functional set up. My LHS has them for 40 bucks but I wanted to put a feeler out before I throw down the cash

5. [quote name="stesh" post="19382702" timestamp="1390350507"]I can def see the build similarity to space case, I wanted to see if the design was a marketing gimmick or if it was actually a functional set up. My LHS has them for 40 bucks but I wanted to put a feeler out before I throw down the cash[/quote]I feel that man, I've read a couple of articles on the "super shredder" It's apparently a pretty efficient design, but I think it has more of a coarse end product. $40 doesn't sound like a terrible price, maybe you could get them to let you try it with some chamomile or lavender.