Corn Fields

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Zerotheory, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Ever since I started sm0king, I've heard people in my area talk about putting outdoor grows up next to corn fields (I guess so they get decent light without drawing attention to themselves).
    Recently I've watched a documentary about corn. Apparently most corn is some kind of genetic modified corn to be immune to a certain herbicide so they can spray the fields and kill everything growing but the corn.

That being said, I've got a friend with many plants he's wanting to put out by a corn field, my worry is that this herbicide will strait up kill his plants. Also I am concerned about harvest time. I have no clue when corn harvest is but I imagine the buds won't be fully mature by then.

Anyone got some better info on this?

2. not a good idea, pisses off the farmers, too many issues ( most you listed )

find a swamp and no mans land.

3. When I was researching good places to grow I came across the idea of farm fields all the time. Well, there are a few problems with that in my area.

First, is what you said, harvest time will take out your plants and unless the farmer is growing the same strain you are:Dchances are his is going to be ready before yours. Second, modern farms use all sorts of nasty chems, if they don't kill your girl they might make her taste bad. Thrird, and this is a big one in my area, I have a friend-of-a-friend who works for a law enforcement agencies. He happenes to fly the missions to look for harmless little green plants. He said, farm fields are the easiest picks to find the plants. Even as few as one or two. (He gave me a lot of insight...)

Believe me I know the lure of turned earth, and thought about it a lot. If I were going to do it I choose a fast short variety and spread my girls one per field over as many fields as it takes.

In any case, just my 2 cents on this subject.

4. When usein farm fields ur better off learning farmers habit first.some cut sileage which is still green corn :dead Generally they dont use herbacides over and over they wait till corn knne high then spary u will be able to tel cause everything but the corn is dead after that your fine.Its a gamble but in my opinion its wrth if cause u can get huge palnts fast from all daylight.I would suggest breaking up the plantings .intead of puttin 10 in field put 3 in one 3 in another etc.also stay away from the edge many farmers will cut down outside edge around field it benefits the corn in someway plus gives farmers feed for cattle.Now if this farmer is growing this corn to sell instead of feed livestock then u should be fine cause they'll wait till its dry on the stock which is usually octoberish on.

5. Educate us, please, this is a big one in my area too.
    I guess fields are easy for spotting because of the homogeneity of the plant life?

6. I'd be too worried about variables like pesticides and fertililzers...ditch weed ( usually a spot next to a field is often ditch or field water-ways) would likely get the accumulated run offs from the fields and I just personally wouldn't smoke something getting sprayeD or watered with things I'm not knowledgable about

7. posted no trespassing no hunting please respect other peoples private land:smoke:

8. cannabisnews.com: Copters Help Triple Removal of Pot Plants

9. 20 hours, 5 'suspects', 7400 plants...

Doesn't look like they're very effective at spotting anything less than thousands of plants. That's a large scale operation (assuming the reported facts are accurate, and I'm reading them correctly).

10. no offense buddy but most of us are criminals,least of our worries are signs,actuallt i'd prob b more compelled to go there cause of less traffic

11. ^^ way to help the cause bro :rolleyes:

12. where im from is mostly farm land everyone grows where ever they want to basically...lol, the corn is all ready where im from i went an picked two plants yesterday for good eating, they will be plowing that field an laying more down for the late crop so i would be kinda on the up an up about what u are doing....just find a woods with a a huge wood line, an put them on the edge of the wood line thats what i do it works every time, just bugs are the issue, but they can be concord